I currently own a Squier Strat and I find if pretty hard to pull down the trem bar on it, and when it does go down, even slightly, the guitar goes was out of tune. Is there anything I can do to ensure it stays in tune just from light bar use and is there a way to loosen the bar so it is easier to move?
Last edited by Guitarislife125 at Jul 5, 2006,
The trem bar is not meant to be screwed all the way in so it doesn't move when its just sitting there. It should fall downwards as its turned back a couple of times from the point where its tight.
Member of the Pink Floyd fan club. PM nick dixon or TimiHendrex33 to join

Quote by abcdboy
So you crapped out of your mouth?

ARE YOU A PLANARIA?!
Quote by Gimme_GilMORE
The trem bar is not meant to be screwed all the way in so it doesn't move when its just sitting there. It should fall downwards as its turned back a couple of times from the point where its tight.

I didnt mean screwing it in, I ment when I am actually trying to use it, its pretty hard to push down.
Yeh but it may be hard to push down cause its so damn tight. Unwind it a couple of turns from what it is and then try pushing on it. The only otherthing i could think of is maybe the bridge is set up so that the trem is really tight, look to adjust that.
Member of the Pink Floyd fan club. PM nick dixon or TimiHendrex33 to join

Quote by abcdboy
So you crapped out of your mouth?

ARE YOU A PLANARIA?!
i have the same guitar and it's a fairly cheap beginners guitar so you can't expect anything too special in the way of tremolo bars

like Gimme_GilMORE said you should wind it back a few notches if you have got it screwed in fully, and also if your strings are constantly getting out of tune it might just be a question of the type of strings you use. If I ever wanna use some heavy tremolo I use steel Fender bullets which are great for staying in tune, otherwise I use some regular steel guitar strings that are bout 10 bucks cheaper but will go out of tune with a few hammers on the tremolo bar
sounds like your springs in the back are too tight though if you loosen them too much your trem will go up. also you could get locking tuners to help tuning stability also lube your nut
yeah u might be better off just getting lighter strings.
loosening the back will help, like said. but too much and its hard to keep the guitar in tune. so find a happy middle ground.

2 screws in there.

and loosening the bar in the threads doesnt help. for up there someplace.^^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no its not. ^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011