i should be getting my first electric soon and im thinking of getting a les paul studio i play guns n roses, acdc, zepplin and stuff like that do you think this guitar will be alright coz ive been playing all this stuff on my yamaha acoustic so yeah dosent sound to similar to the real thing. what amps would also give a good sound with ths guitar that are under AU $1000
hmmm a gibson les paul studio as your first guitar, your a lucky bastard. btw amp wise you might wanna spend more on your amp than guitar
^marshall mg?? nah.

dont blow all ur money on the guitar.

if u have 1,000 AU, i think thats about $750 american. hopefully just for the amp.
prices are so much higher outside the US.
but i would look at a tube combo. it would depend on what brands u can get.
traynor, marshall tube, peavey tube.. whats available to u.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
actually the only tubes the ts would be able to get are a blues junior or the ibanez valbee now the gibson studio les paul itself cost 2500. actually thats more expensive than the ESP Eclipse II FM w/seymour duncans, bloody hell thats a rip off.
get the esp eclipse. and a second hand DSL.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yeah i knew it was going to be high, but thats redic. what amps can a guy afford over there?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
How long have you been playing guitar?If you're just starting out I don't think that you would want to waste all your money on a Les Paul that you might end up not using.Go for something a bit cheaper and invest some pedals and a good amp to go along with it.
Quote by jj1565
yeah i knew it was going to be high, but thats redic. what amps can a guy afford over there?

all my prices are either from Kosmic or BMusic my regular guitar shop even though there located in a different state. traynor ycv40 should be at 1500 while the fender hot rod deluxe is about 1400-1800 depending on where you shop. but seriously just double your american prices of a product and you should get a rough quote of what it cost in australian dollars
Can you get any decent Australian guitars for that money? It seems daft to me to pay over the odds because the guitar is imported from the US. Can you get a Maton at that price?
Well the Studio is a good instrument, but you can get better for cheaper, especially if you live outside the US. Maton is the only Aussie guitar brand I could think of, but they are meant to be kickass (although some of the models could do with better pickups. Plus Queens of the Stone Age use them now.
um if your spending that much money, i think a C-1 classic would be better..cheaper and theres nothing about it thats worse than the les paul. dunno about an amp in that range.
Go get your shovel.
save up a bit more ( like 300 bucks) and get a traynor blue and a agile les paul
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
save up a bit more ( like 300 bucks) and get a traynor blue and a agile les paul

He's in Australia. You can't get Agiles there and I think Traynors are Amarican made as well, so will be expensive if you can find them.
^ I heard Traynors were Canadian. Either way, they'd still be expencive as ****. and yah, Rondo doesn't ship to Australia, or Canada, or England, or Ireland, or anywhere except the US.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
what about a greg bennet? thats a lot cheaper do you think it would do? Avion 7 maybe..
I got a Standard MIM Strat (admittedly not the best for your music preferences) and a Fender Blues Junior combo tube amp for an amount that falls well within your range. You might consider the Fender amp and maybe get an Epi guitar.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
ok time for Phil to lay down the law. yes we can get traynors in australia and they aint that expensive if you know where to shop cough*BMusic*cough. Maton are great but still are overkill for a first electric. should just get a standard fat strat which is about $900 and maybe the dsl401 or if you want smaller a fender blues junior
Quote by pacoasterrider
spend more on the amp then the guitar, that's all i can say

and thats actually pretty great advice but can be taken on in a worse way