its all npersonal preference, i use .66mm nylon picks for acoustic they work pretty well 4 me
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
preferably lighter guages
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by mulletman500
Whichever you like best. For me, medium.

I know it's each to their own, but I hate strumming with a medium gauge pick.
I have been told that Soft flexible picks are best for strumming ....

Buy a selection of thicknesses of picks from very thing to very thick and see whcih you like, best.

I bought a load of picks buy differnt manufacturer's of differnt thicknesses and found the sort of thickness I like and the make and model I like best.

Having said that for acoustic work I like finger picking. :-)

Any way I hope that this helps.
Also depends what sound you're after, if you want lots of string/pick noise, then go for the thinner ones, if you want your acoustic to really jump out at you, heavy strings (I use 13s) and a heavy pick (1.5mm) work for me.
initially it's usually easier to use light picks for strumming an acoustic. I recommend you use a slight heavier pick as this will help you further down the road. It's also a bit easier to hit just single strings in the middle of strumming with a heavier pick
Fender '69 Thinline
Simon and Patrick S&P 6 Cedar
Yamaha C-40
Line6 POD xt
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Gallien & Krueger 400RB
EBS 1x15 cab
On acoustic, I use a gauge somewhere between a light and a medium - I think it's about .86mm. If I'm doing less chord strumming and more of a lead part, I'll use 1mm tortex (the blues). I like the solid attack you get. It also helps that I use the blues for my bass playing too... saves on carrying too many kinds in your pocket during a gig
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
No matter what gauche you use, it should always have a completely other colour than your carpet.

Seconded all the way
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Light picks, ones that bend easily.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Starting out I used thinner picks because my striking technique was young and inexperienced. Now that I'm much more developed, I play with at least 1mm because the sound quality, control, and volume you can get from a thicker pick is incredible. I wouldn't nessicarily start out that thick, maybe mediums, because you could break a string if you're not doing it correctly.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
Its a matter of taste. for me i use light picks becos its easier to use when u r strumming.
good day mate
Quote by Guitars N'Blues
I have been told that Soft flexible picks are best for strumming ....

Buy a selection of thicknesses of picks from very thing to very thick and see whcih you like, best.

I bought a load of picks buy differnt manufacturer's of differnt thicknesses and found the sort of thickness I like and the make and model I like best.

Having said that for acoustic work I like finger picking. :-)

Any way I hope that this helps.

Thanks thats what i will do