I'm looking at these on "Musicians Friend", and was wondering how good they really are...I hear they are built in China or something. Also, has anyone ever seen one with a transparent black finish, like the one they show in the pictures online???
they are mahogany wt alder core. even tho they say mahogany body in the bottom descript.

the alder core gives it a brighter pop, but if u want a mahogany thru, then check out the plain top too.

i like the looks of it. very sleek looking guitar. probably about the same quality as the standard.
so itll work for u, but the switch my be a little hincky. not a tough thing to fix.
other than that, a good value for the cash.

agile guitars are nice, but hard to find. i dont know that id buy one sight unseen, but the specs look good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by The Foo Fighter
I'm looking at these on "Musicians Friend", and was wondering how good they really are...I hear they are built in China or something. Also, has anyone ever seen one with a transparent black finish, like the one they show in the pictures online???

Like this?
(Invalid img)
Its the only one I've ever seen like it, and its sitting right next to me as we speak.
how does it sound? i personally dont like the colour combination with the gold and silver and see thru black its very different thats for sure
I love that color combination I have actually looking for one of these guitars in black but all I ever see is red but I like how it sounds and plays. Good luck with your search.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
how does it sound? i personally dont like the colour combination with the gold and silver and see thru black its very different thats for sure

You're the first person I've met to not like the cosmetics, but, each to his own; I don't like RG's, unlike nearly everyone on this site. It sounds pretty damn awesome for a $500 guitar. Round bottom end, punchy midrange, clear and presice highs. The pickups on drive are smooth in the neck, gritty and raunchy in the bridge; on clean, they are smooth, with a tight bottom on the neck, and an airy, open in the neck, with proper EQ and volume, set in center position, they can sound like a miced acoustic; but, like most stock pickups, they leave something to be desired. The selling point is the playability, which is great. It plays like, well a Les Paul, nice, with pleanty of meat and guts to dig down into. The weight is perfect; not too heavy, but enough heft to feel like you have something worthwhile in your hands. I am primarily a rhythm guitarist, so some of you lead guys may not find this guitar as good as I have just described, but its perfect for me.
MastaBassist, I am a strong lover of the Heritage Cherry Sunburst, but you may have persuaded me. Gorgeous guitar man. Can you tell me a little bit about how well it sustains? What about tapping?

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Mike1109
MastaBassist, I am a strong lover of the Heritage Cherry Sunburst, but you may have persuaded me. Gorgeous guitar man. Can you tell me a little bit about how well it sustains? What about tapping?

Haha, thanks, glad I've made a difference with all of my singing of praise about my beautiful guitar. It sustains wonderfully, just like a Les Paul should, and the alder center gives it extra definition. As for tapping, I don't tap very well, because, like I said, I'm a rhythm guy but I guess it would be good. The fat neck is great for larger hands like my own because it provides good support, but its fattness and the fact that its finish may get in the way or playing fast, unless you don't rest your palm against the neck, but Les Paul and Buckethead alike seem to do fine on it.

EDIT: By the way, I thought I should mention that I've never seen another one that looks like it, you may have trouble finding one like that.