I'm using not the official power supply. I read on the back of the pod that 1.2 Ampere is the minimum required. So i'm using a 1.2 Ampere power supply.
But the problem is that I can hear no sound.. I mean, actually it's like if nothing is plugged in. I can plug out the jack from the guitar or from the pod while the unit is on and no crappy sound is made.
The official power supply is 2 Ampere. should i try with a 2 ampere one? is it possible that the 1,2 ampere make the pod turn on with all the lights but no sound?
thanks
the thing you want to match in a power supply is the Voltage, not the Amperage

a power supply puts out the stated voltage all the time but it will only draw the needed amperage.

on my Wall plug type power supply that's feeding some LED lights on my drums the supply is marked 2A but its only drawing about 1/2 of an amp.

Normally you should get a supply a little higher than whats stated

so either get the right power supply or get one from allelectronics.com with the correct voltage and get the correct cable end that will fit into the POD jack.

I'm not saying this is whats wrong with your pod, its possible that its not getting enough power but i could be wrong and you might have just fried it by feeding too much voltage to it.....another thing is you could be feeding too little voltage and so its only working the lights.

keep us updated.
another thing is you could be feeding too little voltage and so its only working the lights.

that's what i think/hope. because i'm not using too much voltage/ampere
i'll let you know when i try.