Hello hello!!

I was just wondering about the highway 1 strat. Could anyone tell me every difference there is between the fender highway 1 and the fender standard strat?

The colour being worn out faster than on the regular strats is not so important to me, especially since the 3 color sunburst wears out at the same pace as the regular strat, doesn't it?
highway 1's are the same as standards except they are assembled in the USA.
in other words, they use mex parts.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
A friend of mine has a Highway 1 Strat, and it's actually a really nice finish up close. Semi-transparent, and with a good grain, that's just beautiful.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
but flat. I like satin finishes on necks, not bodies. Bodies should be shiny.
Hi, I'm Peter
Wikipedia should help out
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones
Quote by Dirk Gently
but flat. I like satin finishes on necks, not bodies. Bodies should be shiny.

Ugly sounds much more definitive than your implication right now.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
my cousin's got a satin strat. i just dont like the look or tone.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I'll stick with ugly. I was just clarifying why I find them ugly. I think the colors themselves are nice, they just need to be glossy.
Hi, I'm Peter
In other words, if i can get the highway 1 in my country for 1,200 and the standard for 1,400, the standard is really the way to go?
standard american? or standard mexican?

the standard mex is less than the highway 1.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Oh, well, the differences between an AMERICAN Standard and a Highway 1 are more numerous than between the MIM and the H1. Check Fender.com.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Torbeborge
Standard american of course

My country's prices aren't that fucked up

ok just checking. yeah, like said american FTW, the electronics and pickups alone make it worth it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^Yeah i did. Seems all the hardware (tuners, bridge, trem, the list goes on) is of worse quality than the american standard, as well as the finish being of worse quality. So i think i'll go with the MIA standard. Just 200 bucks more They're actually 2,000 retail, so 1,400 is really cheap over here

Edit: That was for dirk gently

For everyone who answered, however, big thank you's and kisses

Cheers

Oh, and ill be going with the american standard
Good choice! I have one and I love it. Picked it up for $700 new Gotta love discontinued colors.
Hi, I'm Peter