hey..............im hoping to get into PC recording soon and i need an audio interface............i was first considering the M-Audio Fast Track USB, but then i read some reviews on it and it dident seem too amazing after all. My budget is about $130 and the interface must have an XLR mic socket. im only planning on recording some of my song ideas on guitar so i dont need amazing quality or anything. i just want something that works and is relatively easy to use.

thanks
Last edited by tom_ledzep at Jul 5, 2006,
Tascam us-122 its like 150 at GC. 2 mic inputs, etc. its great imo. Get a pre-amp if you dont like the ones they have ( i dont )
Quote by old_toad
this is probably your best bet http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOD1010LT

that soundcard is a bit out of my budget to be honest. but that tascam us-122 looks good enough for what i want to do.

Edit: just checked some reviews on the tascam and they dont look too good.
Last edited by tom_ledzep at Jul 5, 2006,
yeh maybe ill just save up and get something better. show me some more PCI, firewire interfaces please.
wait i just found the line 6 toneport ux1........whats this like?and would it be compatible with cubase SE?
Yea thats wat I was gonna say that u get a toneport, Im pretty sure its better than the fasttrack. I have one and I like it, I think u can use it with cubase if u just set the input preferences to it but im not positive but I would go with the Toneport
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
all i want is to be able to record some song ideas............i dont want anything fancy. and that line 6 toneport looks simple enough and if it dont work with cubase i cud always use the supplied software.
Check out the PreSonus Inspire. It comes with Cubase LE (80% of SE) and is FireWire too. Unless you really NEED all the little modeling effects of the TonePort, I'd get the Inspire.
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
i've heard some great things about the ux2,not so great on the the ux1. The ux's have alot of good software that it comes with it,i would go for that.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....