Today I have bought the Crybaby GCB-95 Wah Wah pedal. At the moment I have it set up so that my guitar plugs into it and then the pedal plugs into my amp. I have a Peavey 5150 and I'm wondering if I should put it into the effects loop or not. The only thing I dont get about the amp is the effects loop. What should go in it and what shouldn't?

Anything regarding what an effects loop is or where to put my wah wah will be helpful!

Thanks
The effects loop is for time based modulation effects, or for an EQ or noise supressor (it all really depends on your preference, but this is what is recommended....EQ and supressor could also be infront)

Keep your wah where it is. That is where it will perform best!
I prefer the sound of it as the first thing in my effect chain.

The main difference is if you put it before the distortion or after the distortion (in your case in the loop), some people like it there, others dont.

Generally the things you want in the loop are modulation effects. Delay and chorus for sure. Phasers and flangers too but occasionaly I see someone put one in front of the amp.
WOW that was fast. Thanks for the info. What is the difference between having say a flanger in the effects loop to not being in one?
Quote by face_the_fear
WOW that was fast. Thanks for the info. What is the difference between having say a flanger in the effects loop to not being in one?

you flange your distortion instead of distort your flanging.

Really just get enough cables and mess around with this stuff, nothing can go wrong (you can only get some wierd noises happening but otherwise...)