I just changed the strings on my AmSe Strat from 9's to 10's. When I got done doing this the trmola bridge was pulled way up so I then opened the back and tightened the strings some then Igot some nasty fret buzz so I loosened em a lil more and I still have fret buzz. I was wondering how I can get rid of the fret buzz and not have my bridge janked up. (there was not fret buzz beofre the change)
you may have to lift up the bride and raise the action a bit (as thicker strings are...thicker)
keep the bridge level. work on the saddles. raise the action.

ull need a tiny allen key.

phil's pic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I am really inept, how do I raise the action and not screw up my guitar, I know what saddles are, but how do I raise and not lower (which direction) and how do I know when to stop and so on. Thanks
i edited in a picture.

after the bridge is level. then work on the saddle, lower those two screws to lift the buzzing string.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
i edited in a picture.

after the bridge is level. then work on the saddle, lower those two screws to lift the buzzing string.

Ok so I don't have to do it to all strings just the buzzing ones correct?
yeah.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62