in my amp searchings i've come across these first two and have never played them but they both look like fantastic amps from my findings. I've played a cube before, but i want to see how the randall and h&k stack up against them. Both are within the price range i wish to pay, and i want to use them for practicing with a band and possibully small gigs. Im expecting alot of people to support the cube because there more popular then the other two but does anyone have any experience with any of them.

Im into playing music from hardcore to pop/punk and indie, and looking to spend in the 500 range.

effects aren't an issue ether, i have a G2 pedal for that.

im currently leaning toward the H&K matrix 100, is that a good choice?
The cube has a nice lower volume sound. It gets really muddy when you crank it though... I find the distortion to be icky when it gets loud enough to be heard over drums.. But.. for the price, it probably can't be beat.

Maybe running a 212 with V30s or something in it would help with the muddiness? I'm not really an amp guy, I wouldn't know if that would do anything. Wait for someone else to respond and correct me. :P
Cube....... unless the other two are toobe amps......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
but like the first review i'll need it cranked up high for my practices, most of my friends are pretty loud, and i've heard it times beofre that the cube loses it's pride when it's turned up loud
Quote by pacoasterrider
but like the first review i'll need it cranked up high for my practices, most of my friends are pretty loud, and i've heard it times beofre that the cube loses it's pride when it's turned up loud

That's totally true. :/

At least, when loud enough to cut through drums. It's pretty good anything below that volume, though.

On a side note.. when I crank it I'm usually outside... And I think amps are pushed harder outside. It does sound ok in my bedroom, but I don't have drums in my bedroom so..

Well.. When I play along with songs in my room I can get it up to a good level without getting it sound TOO bad, but it certainly won't sound like it does at lower volumes. It's a good practice amp, I wouldn't gig with it unless I had to. (I kinda do, me = poor).

EDIT: I'm a kinda perfectionist BTW. So if you're not looking for a rip your balls off type of tone, then the cube will be great for you. :P
Dude, don't worry Cube 60s can beat drums.......... just boost your mids !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
im not sure tho, we shove 3 guitars and a bass and drums in a small room for practice, im not sure positive if the 60 watts can do it cause one of my friends had a mg50watt (shame shame) and we couldn't hear that at all. right now im just using a stack just to hear myself, but it isn't mine (and not that great anyway).

what about the randall. all the ratings on musician friend and such are high, i dont need effects like the h&k has and stuff, and something for 500$ without the effects has to have pretty good quality. . ?

right now im playing with an ibanez grx40 (the beginner guitar, hey i've been playing for like 10months now) but im going to buy an amp first then get my next guitar which will most likley be a shecter or esp 400 series (the viper shape), or even mabye an ibanez. thanks for the feedback so far
MGs have crappy speakers......

Or you could mic the cube 60.......

Keep the faith, baby!!
i prolly shouldn't of compared a MG to anything but it'd be a pain hauling the pa around cause we rarley practice at who has the pa because he's far away, we all kinda meet in the middle
Oh,.. well......... my band keeps everything in my basement....... I mic it to Altec Lansing speakers

Keep the faith, baby!!
Get the Hughes and Kettner amp. Definitely versatile and great sounding for a combo.