i bought a cable and i plugged it in to my guitar and computer, song comes out but its weird...if the volume(on my guitar) is less then 10 the sound on the computer(just of the guitar) goes off. and the volume on the computer is really low...im realy confused, i tried using amplitube uno, i cant get anything to work, please help me, im sooo confused!\
You need a preamp, guitar pickups produce a very low electrical signal so you need to boost it. A preamp with cab moddeling is probably about £50 and you can plug it into the line in port for your PC.

If you have an amp, get a PC mic an put it in the corner of the speaker. You should be able to connect it to the mic input in your pc and control the gain using the recording software.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Jul 5, 2006,
my friend uses something like that for his acoustic/electric, but im guessing your using an electric guitar?
hey yall

Putting the mic in the corner of the speaker? ive never done that, i should try that.

Best not put the mic touching the amp or you'll get a bad sound in recording.

I remember someone saying to put your mic away from the amp in the distance of 8-10 inches, that way you get a nice sound recording.

A good program to use is either "Wavepad" or "Adobe Audition" - both of which you may have to buy, but i use(d) the free trial of both and i found Wavepad to be easier. There is a downloadable version of Wavepad that is free, after the free trial of the premium version you can switch to the downloadable version. Both programs have great directX effects.
Its not too late, its never too late
I think because most people don't live in a recording studio, you need to have your mic as close to the amp as possible to avoid reverbaration from the room (you don't need it as loud if the mic is close up.) But you only need to put your mic in the corner of the speaker if your amp has distortion or is particularly bright (my amp is both of those)

I just tried using my mic 8-10 inches away and all it does is give you a LOT of treble (and annoys the neighbours!) But it does seem to have a more "metal" tone to it so It's somtheng to consider for future use.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Jul 5, 2006,