lit1219
301 IQ
hey guys can you name some great guitarists and good instrumental rock and metal music for me ive been trying to find some
justlikealex
10 IQ
John Petrucci's Suspended Animation album would have to be my favorite solo material ATM. Every song on it is great except for Curve.
Dave2210
433 IQ
Joe Satriani. Check out albums such as The Extremist, Surfing With The Alien and Crystal Plannet. They're the best ones but there are loads more great songs on other almums. I also recoment you get the G3 DVD's and stuff by Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen and that Timmons dude... Andy maybe?
Dave Tither
Waterboy799
UG's Greek
1,310 IQ
Slash

seriously check out those guitarists the guys above me said they do great instrumental work, also check out marty freidman, eric johnson, michael angelo batio (one fast mother****a), and rusty cooley, if you ever get a chance

EDIT: it just hit me, check out paul gilbert too
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
paddyo
?
340 IQ
There's a sticky at the top of this page for "must have albums" of this type of music so look there.
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Quote by paddyo
There's a sticky at the top of this page for "must have albums" of this type of music so look there.

*Closed*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.