Ive seen guitars with plexiglass bodies, and i wanted to buy one. But i cant find any guitars or replacment bodies made from plexiglass. Can anyone tell me where i can buy one?
ebay.com usually have them
who are you following me .wheres my venn diagram this is a histogram god damit man god damit
you can indeed usually get ****ty guitars of ebay with plexi bodies then put some nice hardware in it because it's not wood you don't have to worry about tone.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I've played one. A BC Rich Acrylic Warlock, to be exact. It's awfully heavy, and it didn't sound very good (cos it's a BC Rich and their pickups suck). It was pretty solid construction but not much else.

The best see-thru guitar is probably the Dan Armstrong 'Perspex Avenger', but that's no longer in production, and they'd be really expensive on eGay.

Why not get a Kramer? They have this Randy Rhodes shaped guitar made of red plexiglass. I think it's called the 'vanguard' or something, and you can get a chinese-made one anywhere, CHEAP

The best I can think of is to contact your local plexiglass suppliers and ask them to make you a body. I live in switzerland, and you can't find ANY guitar or electronics supplies, but you can find plexiglass companies easily. Isn't that amazing?
Last edited by sashki at Jul 5, 2006,
actually theyre acrylic not plexi. they inject melted acrylic stuff into a mold and bam you got an acrylic guitar in whatever shape you want
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
No metalmilitia I don't hate you.
I take it you speak German.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
not real well. i took it in high school but i love that song..lol
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Quote by sashki
I've played one. A BC Rich Acrylic Warlock, to be exact. It's awfully heavy, and it didn't sound very good (cos it's a BC Rich and their pickups suck). It was pretty solid construction but not much else.

The best see-thru guitar is probably the Dan Armstrong 'Perspex Avenger', but that's no longer in production, and they'd be really expensive on eGay.

Why not get a Kramer? They have this Randy Rhodes shaped guitar made of red plexiglass. I think it's called the 'vanguard' or something, and you can get a chinese-made one anywhere, CHEAP

The best I can think of is to contact your local plexiglass suppliers and ask them to make you a body. I live in switzerland, and you can't find ANY guitar or electronics supplies, but you can find plexiglass companies easily. Isn't that amazing?

korea, and they mostly came in purple, kramer was bitching till they got bought out by musicyo who got bought out by gibson : (, and acrilic and plexiglass are 2 diffrent things, plexiglass guitar= suckage, acrilic guitar = ok, some good, i.e. crystal planet
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
uhh acrilic right? ok they sound good for an electric but they are too uniform in texture and density to create a warm tone...