Chaise Boogie
So So Ska
2,305 IQ
Yeah, the one called Feathers. Not one of his most popular songs, but my favorite.

Well I want to learn to play it but it seems that is there is insufficient tab information floating online. I think I have enough to play part of the beginning of the song, but that's it.

But that's not much of a big deal, does anyone know how to get the tone of this song? And I know he uses a wah pedal, but anyone know what his technique is?

This song is a bit difficult to learn. But I will do it. And if this isn't a good forum for this topic, then move it. I don't give a ****.
Scorzerci
UG Addict
384 IQ
Quote by Chaise Boogie
This song is a bit difficult to learn. But I will do it. And if this isn't a good forum for this topic, then move it. I don't give a ****.

oh you're such a rebel!
For a tab you should probably ask in tab talk and for the tone you should ask in that one huge ultimate tone thread in the guitar gear & accesories forum.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
SynGates7X
GOOZEX FTW
306 IQ
Does anyone know the name of his song where it starts off with the teacher talking to Steve as like a 7 year old and hes performing for a bunch of kids?
Go get your shovel.
slashlover
Ug's Flying Dutchman
263 IQ
It's "The audience is listening", SyGates7X It's too good to be true! lol
^this guy's wrong
Chaise Boogie
So So Ska
2,305 IQ
Quote by Scorzerci
oh you're such a rebel!
For a tab you should probably ask in tab talk and for the tone you should ask in that one huge ultimate tone thread in the guitar gear & accesories forum.

Well I was searching for that thread never could find it. So I ran to here. BUt you all know enough about The Vai you should be able to help me.
SynGates7X
GOOZEX FTW
306 IQ
too good to be true as in you find my name ridiculous?
Go get your shovel.
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty
686 IQ
Quote by Chaise Boogie
Well I was searching for that thread never could find it. So I ran to here. BUt you all know enough about The Vai you should be able to help me.

That's why you make a topic.

In the right forum.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
SnowballofDoom
UG's Pity Friend
13 IQ
Quote by Chaise Boogie
But that's not much of a big deal, does anyone know how to get the tone of this song? And I know he uses a wah pedal, but anyone know what his technique is?

Actually, I don't think it is a wah pedal... it's some effect he built with a Zoom or Korg processor, I can't remember which... but I believe he used the same effect on 'Glorious' from Real Illusions.

I know that's no real help, but I'm fairly certain re-creating that tone is going to be just about impossible.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
paddyo
?
340 IQ
The H3000 or something like that is what your thinking of Snow(I think ). He aslo used it for Yai Yai...

EDIT: Supposedly they cost in the region of 3 thousand dollars...
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
Scorzerci
UG Addict
384 IQ
Eventide h3000 I think is the one you guys are talking about.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
SnowballofDoom
UG's Pity Friend
13 IQ
Maybe so... I'm pretty sure it was a different effect from anything on the Eventide.

But you guys may be right, I'm not very knowledgeable about Vai's effects and such.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

Chaise Boogie
So So Ska
2,305 IQ
Yeah, after playing with my wah pedal, I couldn't get anything close to what he had.

I give up one that song. Oh well.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Just because you can't get it doesn't mean you shouldn't play it. Make your own version of it.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
SnowballofDoom
UG's Pity Friend
13 IQ
Yeah, that effect sounds lame in my opinion anyway.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

public property
Steve Vai
302 IQ
it's good in short doses, but its so overprocessed that it makes everything sound the same.
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Yes pp... Kinda like a well known powermetalband, isn't it?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
paddyo
?
340 IQ
Whats the effect on Midway Creatures? I love the song in general,but that monster distortion electronic shambles at the start is unlike any I've heard. it rules IMO.
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
G3Vai
UG Newbie
408 IQ
Feathers is probably my fav vai song. I can't find the tab anywhere either (worked it out by ear- good for ear training and is just the best way to understand a song). I don't think it's a wah pedal, it may be a phaser.