Here is my to-get pedal list for the next couple of years I will cross out the ones I already have and let me know what you think of it or if any are bad and should be taken off or if any should be added ($1400 total is my limit) These prices are the prices if you buy them new. I will probably go the used route on most of them. (also is the like an adaptor that comes with a bunch of chords to use on the pedals rather than having a seperate adaptor for each of them? If so let me know where I can find that)
My Guitars:
Fender AmSe Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan Jazz in neck and Duncan JB in bridge)
Amp:
VOX AD50VT

BOLD=Pedals I have bought so far

Pedals -----------------------------------------------------------Cost
Ibanez TS9D Tube Screamer-----------------------$120
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man---------$240

Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator-------------------------$100
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff------------------------$80
Boss GE-7 EQ---------------------------------------------$100
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver----------------------------------$80
Vox V847 Wah Wah--------------------------------------$100
Voodoo Lab Super Fuzz---------------------------------$130
Digitech Whammy Pedal w/ MIDI----------------------$200
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner-----------------------------$100
Boss TR-2 Tremola---------------------------------------$90

TOTALS= 11 Pedals-----------------------------------$1340
Last edited by slugger21 at Jul 5, 2006,
All damn good pedals, but I doubt you'll need an acoustic sim. pedal, and look at a Vox Clyde McCoy instead of the V847.

And what guitar and amp do you have?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I played the acoustic simulator and I love it so I will probably get that one, but I have a Fender American Strat and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (upgraded pickups Jazz/JB combo) and a Vox AD50VT for an amp
The acoustic simulator doesn't work too well. There's really only one way to get 'true' acoustic tones out of an electric guitar.
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Jul 5, 2006,
All great pedals, but I don't really see a point in getting a Blues Driver. It's good, but you have a tubescreamer anyway, which is better, and having both makes no sense.

Do remember that stringing too many effects together will suck your tone lifeless. Go for 2-3 stompboxes at a time, and disconnect them when not in use to save tone and battery life. Trust me (although I don't use any pedals), it helps.
Quote by MastaBassist10
The acoustic simulator doesn't work too well. There's really only one way to get 'true' acoustic tones out of an electric guitar.

How's that?
(I answered my guitar amp question in my last post
Quote by CODE
I wish I had your budget. Those are all really nice pedals.

Its a budget over the next few years not right at this moment, I am a poor college kid
Quote by sashki
All great pedals, but I don't really see a point in getting a Blues Driver. It's good, but you have a tubescreamer anyway, which is better, and having both makes no sense.

Do remember that stringing too many effects together will suck your tone lifeless. Go for 2-3 stompboxes at a time, and disconnect them when not in use to save tone and battery life. Trust me (although I don't use any pedals), it helps.

1) Maybe he wants versitility, I would love to have a couple different distortions, as well as phasers.
2)I believe there are units that will give you back tone, like gain boosters and such.

Quote by slugger21
How's that?
(I answered my guitar amp question in my last post

Well, they're called "piezo" pickups and they go in special saddles on your bridge. The Strat-style ones are here. They make ones for Tune-o-Matic style bridges too, should you ever get one.
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Jul 5, 2006,
Quote by MastaBassist10

Well, they're called "piezo" pickups and they go in special saddles on your bridge. The Strat-style ones are here. They make ones for Tune-o-Matic style bridges too, should you ever get one.

ok wait a second, I have never heard of these so I have a few questions.
I can just buy one for $100 and have a guitar tech install it for me and it would sound like an acoustic guitar more than the pedal? Would I need to get a new PUP switch selector or how would I go fro melectric to acoustic with those, please elp me out as there isn't too much info on that site
Quote by slugger21
ok wait a second, I have never heard of these so I have a few questions.
I can just buy one for $100 and have a guitar tech install it for me and it would sound like an acoustic guitar more than the pedal? Would I need to get a new PUP switch selector or how would I go fro melectric to acoustic with those, please elp me out as there isn't too much info on that site

You can't just buy the pickup, you have to buy the whole system, which is all on that page I showed you. Generally what happens is you have a switch where you can switch from piezo to standard, or both. Sometimes, you get what's called a "blend knob" where you can pan either way; dead-center is both standard and piezo, one way is one type, the other is the other.
Get a valve amp too while you're saving, although you might love your Vox, a lot of those pedals on your list are designed to be used with valve amps, and all of them will sound better with valve amps too, just a suggestion.
Don't be afraid to care"

With that budget you could get 3/4 boutiqe pedals
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
^+1

Agreed. How did you decide those are the pedals you want? Because everyone says they're the ones to own? For the money you're looking to lay out consider some specialty companies like Zvex, Fulltone, Keely, and Subdecay. All quality builders with excellent products.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by slugger21
(also is the like an adaptor that comes with a bunch of chords to use on the pedals rather than having a seperate adaptor for each of them? If so let me know where I can find that)

Pedal Snake
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
^Don't we all.

But they're so damn pricy, even for the reissue ones.
Don't be afraid to care"