well...ive got a Dean ZX...its a very nice guitar, but it comes out of tune easily [im pretty mean to the higher strings :P] anyway...would it be possible to stick locks on it as if it had a floyd rose? would that keep it in tune? and if so, how would i go about doing it? thanks alot
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
better going with locking tuners, as a locking nut wud be useless with out a locking bridge
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
The zx doesn't have a trem does it?

Replacing the nut is hard to do and locking tuners are expensive.

If it doesn't have a trem then you shouldn't need anything to lock. Schaller M6 tuners are about $40 a set and they work very well.
Not taking any online orders.
hmm..but dont locking tuners just hold the string for easier string replacement?
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Quote by CorduroyEW
The zx doesn't have a trem does it?

Replacing the nut is hard to do and locking tuners are expensive.

If it doesn't have a trem then you shouldn't need anything to lock. Schaller M6 tuners are about $40 a set and they work very well.

replacing the nut is hard? Only if you get aome special metal one. Any other type and you just take out the old one, get one that fits, and glue it back in.

Locking tuners also have a stronger hold on the string, which reduces the string from slipping, which is what generally takes the guitar out of tune.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by flesh fries
hmm..but dont locking tuners just hold the string for easier string replacement?
No they lock the string go it wont slide out of tune sorta like a loking nut
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by zekk
replacing the nut is hard? Only if you get aome special metal one. Any other type and you just take out the old one, get one that fits, and glue it back in.

It sounded to me like he was thinking of getting a locking nut. Those would be the "special metal one" that you were refurring to. and yeah... they are hard to fit.
Not taking any online orders.
hold on a sec, wouldn't getting a floyd rose nut without fine tuners at the bridge cause the strings to go out of tune. After all the nut is pushing the strings down.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build