hey UG,
i have been playing guitar for about 2 years and i really want to buy a fender stratocaster. i currently am playing an ibanez artcore am73 through a voxad15vt, i will be upgrading the amp to a blues jr. very soon. the main reason i am asking for your help is b/c i'm not sure what model i want. i'd rather not spend over about $600, but i would if i had to. i want a SSS model in either a sunburst or white finish. there are just a lot of new models to choose from.

also, would it be worth it to go ahead and splurge on a MIA strat. i want a guitar i will be happy with and keep for a long time (basically the rest of life.) maybe i should just get a MIA strat.

also i'm going to play whatever i decide to buy, and i know to play alot of models b/c strats tend to vary.

thanks ug

those are mine on the right.

i think u cant really go wrong.
the sunburst is a mex made over 10 yrs old.
the white one is a MIA deluxe players 62' strat.

if i were looking in the $600 range, i would either buy a 60's strat, in white
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-60s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510135&src=3SOSWXXA

or they have a really nice deluxe players strat in mex made, in 3-tone.
http://www.music123.com/Fender-Deluxe-Players-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-i144256.music
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks jenny. also, when u play your MIM strat, do you miss not having a 22nd fret? since i was planning on keeping this guitar forever, i was thinking maybe the MIA with a polyurethane finish and better quality electronics would be better, but its really going to kill my budget. but i would hate to just get something i would wanna upgrade in a few years. but i see you've had your MIM strat for 10 years. what would u suggest, just getting the MIM, or going ahead and spending the extra for the MIA?
i would go with the behringer stratocaster jr. model
it and you might add a humbucker to it to have a nice
ringing sound
Sounds like you would be extremely happy with a a MIA Strat.

I have one and I'm sure it'll be a guitar for life!

Here it is!

Jackolas i love your guitar, which exact model is it? is it just the MIA standard strat w/ maple neck, or a different model? thanks
has anyone played the deluxe models with the S-1 switching? b/c if i end i up getting an american made i might end up getting a deluxe for the S-1 switching and SCN pickups, the deluxe also has locking tuners....so for the extra $200ish dollars is it worth it?
iv played the s-1. it rocks! go for it.its very versitile but what type of music do you play? i like the hss srtat because i find it still sound like a fender but it has the growl you would get from a humbucker
i play a variety of music, a lot of red hot chili peppers and smashing pumpkins though. i know a HSS configuration would give me more variety, but i'm not sure if i like the look. strats just look better SSS in my opinion, but i might still go with a HSS strat. i really not sure if i won't to spend $1000+ on a guitar, do you all think i'd still be satisfied w/ MIM strat?
MIM is fine for most everybody (unless your a snob, and like to go on about how your bridge is better than mine )

But yeah, for around 100 USD you can upgrade to vintage noiseless pups, but the trick is to try it out, my standard is better than any American I've ever played, but Ive also played some ****e standards so. . .

Also, rosewood pwns maple any day!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I have one of the deluxe models with the s-1 mia strat.. heres a pic..

The S-1 Switch adds a ton of tonal options it's a really nifty feature and the deluxe I have plays amazing, I would suggust one similar to anyone.
I really think it is worth the extra 200$.. it fits the type of music I play perfectly (blues) what are you planning on playing?
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
they have fat strats with Floyd roses if you want one.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
I have a 1970's Classic or ReIssue, MIM. It's pretty nice. Some pics:

\

*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by goingcrazy
thanks jenny. also, when u play your MIM strat, do you miss not having a 22nd fret? since i was planning on keeping this guitar forever, i was thinking maybe the MIA with a polyurethane finish and better quality electronics would be better, but its really going to kill my budget. but i would hate to just get something i would wanna upgrade in a few years. but i see you've had your MIM strat for 10 years. what would u suggest, just getting the MIM, or going ahead and spending the extra for the MIA?

its hard to say, i mean i play my MIM all the time as u can see its got rails and stacked pups. but, i couldnt have gotten away with it being my only guitar for all those years.

i guess if u can afford a MIA then go for it. if its really out of reach then get the MIM, it'll be a staple in ur collection. (i say collection, cause who are we kidding? no one can just buy one. )

just to add, ive got S1 on my white strat. scn pups. i love the tones.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks everyone, i believe next time i get a chance i'll just go and play a lot of strats (MIM, MIA, deluxe models, etc.). If i believe i'll still be satisfied w/ a MIM, thats what ill get, and i'll probably eventually upgrade the pickups. But if i'm not completely satisfied w/ a MIM and feel like i'll regret not getting the MIA, i'll spend the extra money for it. But it'll have to be a lot better for the extra $500.

**please keep posting comments and pictures though b/c it'll be at least 2 weeks before i can go to some larger music stores again**