I'm gonna start painting my guitar at the weekend once i've sanded it, so can anyone tell me what the best type of paint/primer/finisher to put on. Cheers
Duplicolor car paint.
I used that, it's awesome
Phil
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
Yeah, it was...
Duplicolor white primer
Duplicolor seat red (two stage paint - stage one) <--lol, you do stage one first :p
Duplicolor clear finish (two stage paint - stage two)
It's simple, sand it (don't have to take paint off though, just rough it up, then smooth it down. just hang it up with string/coat hanger and spray. Need to let it dry though, don't do think coats, lots of thin ones. Between the different types of paint, use really soft sandpaper (350ish) and smooth it out.
Hope it goes well!
Phil
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
cheers

I'm thinking of buying the Paint your guitar like a pro ebooks, do u know anything about them, is it worth it.
not really. Just be patient and sand 'till you can see your face in that thing and you won't end up like me!

Besides I'm sure the tutorial on here is better then any book anyways.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
most people use car paint to paint their guitar. so yes.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by mikeman
Hey, what's the best kind of laquer?

I'd also like to know this. Is there a trick to knowing what kind of lacquer to use with which kind of paints?
if you go to wherever you get your paint from it will tell you on the shelf or on the can of paint itself what kind of laquer you need.
EH

This might be the dumbest question ever asked on UG, but you spray the paint on, right?
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
yes you do. Don't worry, we all have to start somwhere!
EH

Last edited by eddiehimself at Jul 6, 2006,
^ Jesus christ your sig is annoying...

Anywho, whats it mean when people say clearcoat? Is that the same as laquer?
yes it is. Sorry if my sig is annoying you. There R u happy now?
EH