I want to buy a guitar but i dont know if this is a reliable site or not. I dont know anyone who has orderd anything off that site so I want to know if ill get my guitar?

Also if it is a reliable site on he guitar and case i want it says it ships to Canada but in the shipping thing it says
Due to manufacturer restrictions, we are limited in what we can ship outside of the United States. Currently we can ship only the following brands internationally: Rogue, Pulse, and Axman. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause

Does it still ship to Canada?

Also if it does ship to Canada can someone give me an estimate on the shipping&handeling to N.B

Plz&thankyou

btw this is my first time ordering something of the internet or from anywhere for that matter so sorry if some of these questions are stupid.
Last edited by Chuck_Shuldiner at Jul 5, 2006,
Yes, Musicians Friend is reliable. I've ordered from there multiple times.

If that's what they said about shipping internationally, then I would assume that is the case. They can only ship those brands to Canada.
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

Well the best way for you to find out if they are going to ship what you want to Canada is contact musiciansfriend.
As for how reliable they are il give em a 99.9%
If they sey then can ship that guitar to you then you will get it ..
i order almost all of my gear from musician's friend. and i would say that it is a reliable site
Tyler
If you go through the ordering process with your zip (you don't need to worry about your address or a credit card yet) and they will give you a damn close estimated shipping of your item. They are also VERY reliable, myself and many of my buddies have ordered off of their site and NO ONE has had ANY trouble with broken or ruined merchandise. I encourage you to go to a a local store and try out the item first, to make sure it has the feel that YOU desire.
Quote by rhoads4ever
If you go through the ordering process with your zip (you don't need to worry about your address or a credit card yet) and they will give you a damn close estimated shipping of your item. They are also VERY reliable, myself and many of my buddies have ordered off of their site and NO ONE has had ANY trouble with broken or ruined merchandise. I encourage you to go to a a local store and try out the item first, to make sure it has the feel that YOU desire.

I would if i could the only music store close to where i live is about an hour and a half away and i dont own a car and my parents are workin almost every day
I've ordered from them twice the first time the guitar was on backorder and they said they should have it in in under a week I called to check on it a couple times over the next few weeks and they repeatedly said It'll be in soon
So I decided I would just go to the local shop and buy something and I went to cancel the order and they said it had been canceled weeks ago (this was a couple days after the last time I talked to them) and then it took them a while to credit the credit card
but the secound time everything went according to plan and I had my new guitar in two days
ive ordered all my gear from MF... it freakin rocks.. and the return policy is great... jsut contact them about the canada thing lol....... canadians
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
I ordered a wireless system from there. first time i got it out, it broke. i called and they said they would email me all the details just to put it in original packaging , no money from me, no questions asked. Got it back about 5 days later, broke again. I called and they refunded me my full money. Great company. Highly Trusted

-Mike
I order everything there, no problems so far. My new Hotrod Deville should arrive tomorrow, ordered from MF last Friday night.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
I ordered my first acoustic-electric from then and just got it.

First, there's a scratch on the headstock.

Second, there's a crack on the bottom of the guitar, a bad one.

Finally, the onboard tuner wouldn't power up, so I take out the no-name 9 volt battery it came installed with and it's leaking brown battery acid!

It came inside a hardcase, so the damage must have happened prior to it being put in the case.

They have agreed to exchange it for a new one. If the replacement comes and it's messed up as well, I'll demand a refund.

I'm very reluctant to order from them in the future because of this.
Quote by Hawaiiguy
I ordered my first acoustic-electric from then and just got it.

First, there's a scratch on the headstock.

Second, there's a crack on the bottom of the guitar, a bad one.

Finally, the onboard tuner wouldn't power up, so I take out the no-name 9 volt battery it came installed with and it's leaking brown battery acid!

It came inside a hardcase, so the damage must have happened prior to it being put in the case.

They have agreed to exchange it for a new one. If the replacement comes and it's messed up as well, I'll demand a refund.

I'm very reluctant to order from them in the future because of this.

It's probably a shitty ass guitar then, not MF.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
It's probably a shitty ass guitar then, not MF.
Washburn D10SCE.

Besides, like I said, it came inside a hardcase. What difference does it make if it was a Martin or a Washburn? Regardless of the brand, scratches and cracks do happen if the guitar is mishandled prior to being placed in the hardcase and packed....
If you phone them and place an order they should be able to get you an exact price including shipping and handling costs.
i get cables and tuners and pedals and such from there, i dont think i'd ever order a guitar or amp from there tho
First off, NEVER order a guitar or amp online unless you are willing to go through a lot of bull**** to get what you want. I realize there are many who are successful in ordering these online, but here's my take on MF:

Ordered a B-52 half stack from them in february. Two weeks later, get a broken head. Called them. Got redirected to B-52. Told by B-52 to call MF and take care of it. Wanted a refund, got another amp head. Replacement head was broken as well. After many phone calls, they admit that they could have dropped them off a forklift at their warehouse, yet INSIST on sending another one. I decided to give them another chance. Another broken amp. Finally got them returned, but I wasted about 7 weeks to end up where I started. Drove 350 miles to the nearest GC and bought a DSL100 half stack.

The point is, when it's something fragile like a guitar or amp, I would be VERY cautious about ordering it online. Especially someone like MF who, though supposedly has good Customer Service, has many of these things occur daily, and therefore you could wait a while to get what you want. Also, you should play the exact guitar or amp you want to buy instead of ordering it out of a warehouse. It just may not feel or sound exactly like the other one.

My 2 cents.