This is just with an electric guitar, I took out some parts to make it less repeatitive. The tone came out a little too bright than i thought it would be but i didnt feel the need to record the whole thing again and it is done in one take so there a few slight errors. Anyways i hope you enjoy it .

avs.dmusic.com
holy **** dude My teacher's teachin me little wing which i'm practicing RIGHT NOW
Quote by Avs
I took out some parts to make it less repeatitive.

NOOOO!!! That song is NOT repetitive!
Not that that makes your cover any worse, but you should know that I wouldn't mind hearing the whole thing, and not just selected parts.
But I digress.
I think you played it a tad bit too fast. This became noticeable in some of the fancy pulloff parts, where you could've easily nailed them at a slower speed. And don't play it faster just because you can; I prefer that song at normal speed.
Your playing was mostly spot-on, though. The parts that you kept in were beautiful, and maybe I loved your version so much because I love the original so much. Even without vocals, that song never fails to amaze me.
I guess all you really could've done to improve it would be to do the whole thing. That, to me, would capture the song much better.
Adding the mellotron in there would make it flawless, though. Just a suggestion.
10/10.
Sounds alright. What tuning did you use? It seems different than the one used on the recording.

Overall your playing was pretty good. You hit the right notes, but my main problem with it was the mechanical feel to your strumming of the chords. It's hard to describe, but Zep's version has a more loose, relaxed feel to it than your recording. You can check out my recording of this song at http://stephen.dmusic.com if you want to hear another version. It's not perfect, but I don't think it's too bad.

Anyways... not a bad job at all.
Quote by SW-14
Sounds alright. What tuning did you use? It seems different than the one used on the recording.

Whenever Zep does it live, Page tunes everything a full step up from the original. Maybe that's what tuning the threadstarter was in.
Quote by SW-14

Overall your playing was pretty good. You hit the right notes, but my main problem with it was the mechanical feel to your strumming of the chords. It's hard to describe, but Zep's version has a more loose, relaxed feel to it than your recording. You can check out my recording of this song at http://stephen.dmusic.com if you want to hear another version. It's not perfect, but I don't think it's too bad.

Anyways... not a bad job at all.

i second the mechanical chord thing, more flow would be nice.. good tone though and proficient playing. i would like to hear your take on the full version! good cover man!

your little wing was cool too, would also like to hear the full version of that!

crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375533
Quote by SethMegadefan
NOOOO!!! That song is NOT repetitive!

haha i didnt mean to imply that the song was repetitive but just that it would get repetitive with only a guitar playing.
The tuning is EADADE which is what he used when playing the song live but i only used it because its much easier to get to this tuning by ear as i have a crappy tuner.
I agree about the mechanical strumming now that i listen to it again, but i think if i use a thinner pick it should solve this problem as i was having some trouble strumming lightly with the thick pick i was using. I will use a thinner one next time and try and slow down the timing to go along with the actual song.
Thanks for all your comments.
p.s. Alphine high i commented the song you linked for me, very nice.
Quote by Avs
The tuning is EADADE which is what he used when playing the song live but i only used it because its much easier to get to this tuning by ear as i have a crappy tuner.

That's basically why Page does it in that tuning live, too. It's just easier to get to from standard.
But you officially inspired me to learn the song myself! Took out my old guitar, tuned it down to the studio tuning, and learned it all the way through. It's actually now one of my favorite songs to play on guitar. Thanks for the inspiration!
Quote by SethMegadefan
But you officially inspired me to learn the song myself!

Then it was all worth it.