And If so how? I've got a string through bridge and some of the little metal things at the back of the guitar.

I'm just gonna fix tihs guitar up because my dads getting a soldering iron! He talked my mom into it.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Last edited by zekk at Jul 5, 2006,
how u would make a "strong" thru i dont know. lol

but a string thru is pretty easy. your gonna have a few extra holes in your guitar from where the old bridge sat. but it would basically be a matter of removing the old hardware and drilling the string holes thru the body.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Can you give me some more detailed in structions, and kinda tell me how it would effect sound and playability?

I'm mainly doing it because I love the look of string through's and my old brige rattles and I've got these just laying around.

Quote by greenbox
don't forget metal rivets? so the strings don't damage the wood.

For the back of the guitar? Got them.

Quote by hourglass666
Bring it to a guitar shop, seriously dont screw up your Epi.

Asked them how much it would cost. 70 $$ No ****ing way.

if you do it as a tru string thru like you want youll need ferrules for the front and back or else it will eat the wood where the strings touch the front of your guitar. its not hard to do i think hourglass just likes telling people to go to a shop. but anyway. basically take off the back part of the bridge where it holds the strings. remove the posts. line up in between the two posts and drill 6 holes straight thru the body. use a bigger bit to make the hole for the ferrules. only go in a little bit only far enough for the ferrules to fit securley. then push them in. string as normal and oyur set.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Quote by metalmilitia74
if you do it as a tru string thru like you want youll need ferrules for the front and back or else it will eat the wood where the strings touch the front of your guitar. its not hard to do i think hourglass just likes telling people to go to a shop. but anyway. basically take off the back part of the bridge where it holds the strings. remove the posts. line up in between the two posts and drill 6 holes straight thru the body. use a bigger bit to make the hole for the ferrules. only go in a little bit only far enough for the ferrules to fit securley. then push them in. string as normal and oyur set.

What are ferrules?

ferrules are the little metal rings that go on the bottom and top of the string holes in the body.
these things:
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Yeah, I have some. I just did it, drilled theholes and everything. Didn't sound as good, so I put back on the origional stuff.

Yeah, I mean, it basically amounts to drilling 6 holes through the body, sticking on the ferrules, and seeing how it works.

Can't imagine the benefits myself, though.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
This would be very easy... Buy the right bridge or if your bridge already has holes, hold up the bridge where you would put it, pencil in the holes where you need to put screws and holes for the strings. Get a relitivly small bit for the strings around O big (depending the font on your computer) then on the back drill a hole a little smaller than your plugs and jam them in with a rubber hammer, then just bolt the bridge on. DING its a string-through.
so now you have the old stuff and six decent size holes thru the body that oyur not gonna use or do anything with?? sounds like you didnt do something right cause even an epi should sustain better when its string thru. but if your gonna leave the original stuff on your guitar then i would at least suggest that you fill them and paint it back or else it will look like sh*t.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
^ he probably couldnt hear the difference

on cheap ****- its hard to really tell- but get a nice amp, or nice guitar- and the littlest things make huge differences
no sh*t. but if hes just gonna leave 6 holes in his guitar that he dont use. its a little stupid imo
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
i dont know how it couldnt have sounded worse unless you didnt do it right or didnt have front and back ferrules
its supposed to increase sustain
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
^ its supposed to- but with cheap ass would, ****ty pups- n probably a ****ty amp- how could you really tell??

i no when i strippe dmy squire tele to bare wood- it sounded a helluva lot better that before- n sustained more- but the paint really dampens alot
Quote by tongue untied
^ its supposed to- but with cheap ass would

Did you confuse wood with would?
what kind of string thru bridge did u get? cuz a strat or tele bridge wont work on a carve top les paul...but it might work on your flat top. and yes you need the string ferrules on the back...they have another style fro the front too
Quote by mutated_riff
what kind of string thru bridge did u get? cuz a strat or tele bridge wont work on a carve top les paul...but it might work on your flat top. and yes you need the string ferrules on the back...they have another style fro the front too

Not a strat or Tele, but my epi is a flat top.

And I'm not a redneck, and not always right.