Fender showmaster QMT HH
9 22%
Schecter C-1 Classic
32 78%
Voters: 41.
i narrowed down my choice for a new guitar to two choices
1.Fender showmaster QMT HH or
2.Schecter C-1 classic

this will be decided with a poll and if you have any information on either of the two feel free to post it
without a doubt the schecter. i dont feel that pearly gates have enough balls when it comes to distortion. the schecter looks better, its neck through, grover tuners
Go get your shovel.
Quote by slipknotfan2448
its not one of your choices but http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Showmaster-Quilt-HH-Electric-Guitar-?sku=511329 i got that guitar for christmas and its great

That is one of the choices...

Go for the Schecter. I had to make this very decision too, and although they're similar on paper, the Schecter really blows the Fender out of the water when you play them.
This is one of those choices where you don't go to a internet forum full of horny teens to ask them what to do. There are some smart people in here, but they haven't posted so far. Not to say they're not one of the smart people, they're just not as far as i know.

Anyways, you need to try em out and find out for yourself which one you like better. You're buying the guitar, not the horny teens

Good luck
it kind of hard to try them out where i live as there are only 2 guitar shops that i know of within 80 miles of where i live

OH AND I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I'M A HORNY TEEN MYSELF!
what kind of music do you play? do you want/need a trem? i'd go with the schecter myself either way...might be my next guitar
You should wait till you can get there then. Most people on here are metal-heads, and their guitar advice will be accordingly metallish. If you like metal though, the schecter is probably the way to go.

However, i do dislike labeling a guitar as belonging to some genres. Its all about preferance. Take me for example, for me a fender standard SSS strat is perfect for any music no matter how heavy. Even for metal.

So its hard to give tell you to pick any of those guitars without knowing more about what you like/don't like in your guitar.
Id take the Fender the neck is slimmer like a strat with a nicer rounded C shape instead of the Les Paul wide D shape on the shec plus you get a trem with locking tuners, I didnt like the way the C1 Classic felt.
Quote by Torbeborge
You should wait till you can get there then. Most people on here are metal-heads, and their guitar advice will be accordingly metallish. If you like metal though, the schecter is probably the way to go.

However, i do dislike labeling a guitar as belonging to some genres. Its all about preferance. Take me for example, for me a fender standard SSS strat is perfect for any music no matter how heavy. Even for metal.

So its hard to give tell you to pick any of those guitars without knowing more about what you like/don't like in your guitar.

Yeah your real bright, the Classic isnt a metal guitar. Have you seen it or listened to it? The guitar is built for clean tones.If you want a schecter thats made for metal then you sould get a Hellraiser.
Go get your shovel.
if i do go with the schecter i heard that the case built for it sucks, are there any better cases that would fit it?
I Hopped On The Bandwagon And Voted For The Schecter
I Have Never Played One
I Guess You Should Get It, Because Of The Two, I Hate It The Least
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
the case is fine...just dont drop it, people that say the feet break off just dont take care of stuff...and if you dont like it just try out cases at a store
Go get your shovel.
The C1
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
The JB is going to have A LOT more balls than the pearly gates. The pearly gates really should be used in the neck imo it's too quiet for the bridge.

But if the hardest you play is Led Zeppelin the gates should be fine.