im in a band called fatal exit. many of you may have seen our links and stuff around the board. anyways our singer has been bashed a lot on here and at shows and is very inconsitant. he has a nice voice, but no control. also he never comes to practices and now he said he cant come to our next show so me and the the other guitarist have to sing. he hasnt put a single penny into the band where as the four of us have put thousands of dollars into our equiptment. the only thing is hes our good friend and my best friend. i dont want to kick him out because i hate change when it comes to this. but in reality it seems like he needs to go. me and the other guitarist singer fairly well together although maybe not as good as him but much more consistant. please help me and give me some suggestions on how to handle this. click on the link in my sig to watch our band and hear him sing in a video.

thanks

bobby
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
wut are u guys like 12, give it a while for his voice to peak, tell him to do some warmups and to like practice a lot. not that im saying u guys are really horrible or that hes even that bad, but instead of giving him the boot just yet, good friends give advice.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
were 14 and 15 he has a high voice. it makes us look bad as a band
xxx

my rig:
-peavey valve king 212
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
yeeeaaah...uh. well if u say he's ur good and best friend
then he should be ok w/ u guys giving him constructive
criticism right? cause have u brought this concept up b4?
no doesnt take anything. when we ask him to come to practices he gets mad and says he has to work (his parents own a business and he doesnt have to go). and we asked him to buy a new mic because we have two nice ones for shows and two crappy ones for practice and he said he said he wouldnt because he wanted a dirtbike. i just dont want this to ruin our friendships
xxx

my rig:
-peavey valve king 212
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
hmm... well how much does he wanna be in the band?
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
he likes our band and everything but obviously not enough to put in the effort needed.
xxx

my rig:
-peavey valve king 212
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
I checked out the link to your myspace....

Ok, heres what i think:

A) He's not that good... Let his voice break first. He's also, well, yeah: inconsistant.
B) He hits off notes ALOT.

He's 14 now, alots going through his head. Grab him, and have a talk to him with the band. Tell them whats going on. DONT tell him your going to kick him out, tell him that he's starting to collapse and that hes not as good as he used to be. Get him to practice, practice, practice, and do warmups. If he shruggs off your advice, hes not serious, and you can kick him out :p

OR, you can all leave and create a new band with a similar name :p
f-n tell him the truth.....tell him he's no good and give him the boot.....I had to do that before......they get over it....
Tell him to start being more dedicated to the band..not coming to practices and gigs means he's not dedicated. If he doesn't shape up then he needs to ship out. (in my opinion)
Get the whole band to tell him.

If it's a majority opinion he'll go with it more easily.

Also, at the beginning of your set you should just jump into a song, don't do some half-ass intro. When the audience gets energy it'll be easier to introduce yourselves.
Wait for about 6 months. If he isn't better by then,give 'em the boot.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Is it just me or can he never "stomp" to the rhythm without looking at the guitarist haha. He like starts it off time and then looks at him and adjusts hahahaaa. He like stands in one place and does that thing for pretty much the whole show.

Personally I don't know... Judging from one video of a concert is pretty impossible (although I saw other things before I think). Talk about it with your band more, see how they feel.
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
theyres some sweet bands with high voices
If he's your best friend, might as well keep him
or he can be an interprative dance or something
but it seems like the only "show" you have coming up is a party
and if you were to kick him, maybe he wouldn't care
cause he doesn't go to practices or gigs anyways
He looks like he's trying to mimic the front guitarist when he's headbanging.
tell him ur replacing him untill he learns how to sing and satisfys your needs for the band
meow :3