What would be a good string gauge for playing in Standard B ( i think - I want 2.5 steps down)???. I currently have 10s.
on a pack of the strings you use, check the gauge of the second smallest string, that'd be your highest string for B standard.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
on a pack of the strings you use, check the gauge of the second smallest string, that'd be your highest string for B standard.

no man, i want to know what would be a good gauge for tuning 2.5 steps down
for B standard, the second highest string in E standard(normal tuning) is the same as the highest string in B standard.
did you understand what he meant? meaning if with 10's, the high string is a 10, 2nd highest is a 13. so your highest in b would be a 13
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Ernie Ball has a string set for tunings that low, they're extra thick, I don't know exact numbers though.
whats the scientific numbers for standard b tuning?
perhaps B0, E1, A1, D3, F#2, B2 as it sounds on this site?-> http://www.howtotuneaguitar.org/
what is it in hertz?

D2 would be too low? 24p sounds also different than 24w?
Last edited by screenshot at Aug 9, 2013,
I would think something along the lines of .13-.60 would be in order. B standard is extremely low tuning if you ask me. I use Ernie Ball Not Even Slinkys (.12-.56) for C# Standard on a 25.5" scale guitar and it's about perfect for me, but I like a lot of tension. If I tuned it further down to regular C Standard it would be about where most people like their tension I think. So for B, you really need huge strings, otherwise your playing goes to crap and they sound muddy and flat.

If you have a 24.75" scale guitar you'd need even thicker strings.
Thread necromancy...

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3