Page 1 of 2
Although your work is constantly underrated by guitarists and non musicians, although we've asked you a dozen times if a guitar amp will work with a bass, although the main asked question to you is "hey, isnt your guitar missing two strings?" Guys, you just treat us with perfect and fine behaviour, and I find myself lurking around this forum easily, (even though I dont play bass, but I'd love to) just because you're all so chilled and nice.

So this thread is dedicated to all of you, bass players, for being the backbone of the bands, for being put down constantly but still willing to offer advice to us, the ignorant guitarists. We love you!!
I'm not going to sig anyone.
Haha
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by Scourge441
We apprieciate your show of respect.

Now get the **** out of our forum.

That pretty much sums up the attitude of this forum.

We are different from the rest of UG because we all get along really well, and isolate ourselves from every other forum

I think one of these threads showed up a few months ago... it turned into a pick/fingerstyle debate lol. Thats the bass forum!

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
thanx man, but you left out "and how many times you've been asked what kinda keybord ya got in that case."
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
i disagree incubus, i like to go around GB&C, R&R, the Metal forum, and sometimes EG (i know, shoot me now :p
yeah the other one turned into a pick vs fingers argument. omfg fingers rulz and picks donts11.11!.

Anyways, um, thanks. Not quite spam but jeeeez. lol
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I originally started playing the guitar. but when I was about 3 years into it, I got bored with it cause you know there's only so much you can do with a guitar. I have always loved the bass, even before I touched a guitar. i suddenly realised one day i could afford to buy a Bass, so I did. now I love it. when people as me what I play, I always say bass first
Quote by Benjibum
I know you not, but speak to my very heart you do.

I have that effect on people
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
GO SENS GO!
Quote by mangablade
i disagree incubus, i like to go around GB&C, R&R, the Metal forum, and sometimes EG (i know, shoot me now :p

I hang out in the Alternative Rock thread alot... I just dont have the same attitude there as here. Here is very laid back.

Anyways, I still love this forum more than any other on the board

Thanks. I noticed that 95% of bassists on this forum are quite nice and courteous to each other and everyone else.

especially compared the the EG forum or Pit
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.

nobody ever gives bassists credit... unless you play them dance dance by fallout boy.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by leaping badger

nobody ever gives bassists credit... unless you play them dance dance by fallout boy.

oh, you mean the other people

goddamn, i hate that song.

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead

oh, you mean the other people

goddamn, i hate that song.

yes the others

<_<

>_>

indeed i do mean other people
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
lol, ok

i'm slow today

Quote by metaldud536

Its so weird when you look at the other forums compared to this
almost everything from a bassist is conctructive for a thread in the bass forum
even though we do get "which bass is better" "whos the better bassist" "what song should i learn" threads all the time
but for the first 15 post their all song names and opinions
its great
and then there "legends" if you must among the bass forum too (at least I personally would call em that) Utb Dan, Applehead, Incubus_science, Harl91, yertle, mangablade and many others (thse are the ones that come to mind first)
the bass forum is like a family... minus the boring family outings to the wicker museum... lol
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
Quote by Lowend

the bass forum is like a family...

Maybe in 20 years we can have a reunion

I agree. a reunion is imminent.
Quote by Benjibum
I know you not, but speak to my very heart you do.

I have that effect on people
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
GO SENS GO!
see klara, we dont know how to react to compliments, there too rare
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
the topic of this post has become askew....

And yes, it has gotten annoying to be asked why my bass only has 4 strings....I now find it to be acceptable only from kindergartners through 3rd grade and old people After that, its just unacceptable...especially when 20 yr olds and the like ask it. I die inside when they do.
the topic of this post has become askew....

And yes, it has gotten annoying to be asked why my bass only has 4 strings....I now find it to be acceptable only from kindergartners through 3rd grade and old people After that, its just unacceptable...especially when 20 yr olds and the like ask it. I die inside when they do.

Thank you for the appreciation we are so blatantly denied
Quote by Lowend

the bass forum is like a family... minus the boring family outings to the wicker museum... lol

This really tickled me...

Yeah it's nice to be able to chat with you bass loving mofo's. Even though we dont all see eye to eye on everything, i think we all respect each other here. That's why the other parts of the forum annoy me, other than the musicians section.. no respect, all silly little OMFG&^@&£^@*&^£ posts.. and angst teenagers. The guitar section is just "how many NPS can you play". Who gives a ****? I say, how few notes can you make sound good is the real skill!!

Big up to bassists - One Love
I honestly think this forum is a model to all the others. I mean no matter how many times we see the same thread (which bass is better, which bassets is better, what song to learn, show off you ____ ) there are always almost a page of good constructive posts. Never once have I not seen an ?Search next time dick head? because it usually goes something to the effect ?Cliff rules!!!!!!11one11!!1 o and if ya don?t mind please search? . I really enjoy you guys and I don?t think you know how much I?ve grow as a bassets just on the few questions I?ve asked. I really appreciate all the help guys! See ya in 20 years lol.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
or maybe hypothetic?
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I appreciate the compliment its a nice gesture. most people who ask why my bass only has four strings recieve a swift kick in the face. It's kinda cool that you have respect for us.
Yes, thanks so much threadstarter, it's nice to know we're appreciated ^_^

And speaking of reunion, Applehead, did you end up going to that Marcus Miller thing at the Bass Centre? I couldn't go because of work *sigh* But damn I love that shop. I was in there the otehr day just playing a few basses. I was in there for a couple of hours before I realised I need to get home ^_^
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
^ Couldnt go in the end, had to go my girlfriends parents for dinner ! Of all bloody days ! When i said i wanted to go the Basscentre, she gave me a look.. Just a look.. there was no arguing. I believe Bassbitch went, she is my girlfriends sister. Will speak to her and find out. Gutted - he wont be over here again for a while..

I am sill eyeing the MM Jazz bass...

And yeah, that shop is like a wet dream.. i have also spent hours in there before realising..
you know bassbitch? ask her why she's never on. she needs to be at this reunion. she gave awesome advice, if i recall correctly.
Wow, your girlfriend's sister is Bassbitch? Small world...

But yeah, we should have a mass meeting of London's U-G Bass Forum people there. That would be cool... Because then it could be both electric, acoustic AND upright too!!
Quote by Sizzleby
Quote by thewho65

I met my girlfriend through bassbitch ! She only knows this place through me! She is banned for being the leary (bass)bitch she is !
She got banned? Since when?
Quote by Sizzleby
Quote by thewho65

Didn't she go ape**** at dan a few weeks back?

Quote by metaldud536

Ah, that would explain it then.
Quote by Sizzleby
Quote by thewho65

heh, he deleted all the posts though

damn him

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Applehead
She is banned for being the leary (bass)bitch she is !

Am i?

And no, I failed to make it to the Marcus Miller night.

BB
x

P.S Hello boys...
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
Page 1 of 2