Is there such thing as a drop C tuning? if there is.. can anyone please tell me how to tune my guitar to drop C. thanx.
you own an electric tuner?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Assuming your in standard, drop the entire guitar 2 notes / 1 step, and then drop the heavy string 2 more notes / 1 step down to C
How long have you gone w/o Masturbating

About a month or so. Had somebody else doing it for me at the time.
yes there is, first you tune to standard D, so when your playing standard, go drop D, and tune all your strings to D standard, as if the string at D is the only one in tune. after that is done, drop your top string to c the same way you would if you were droping it to D.
Start in standard
Drop D (Match fifth fret on the fifth string tothe open pitch of the 6th string)
Tune to standard D
Drop C (Match fifth fret on fifth string to the pitch of the 6th string)

hope that helps?
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by CmS
Assuming your in standard, drop the entire guitar 2 notes / 1 step, and then drop the heavy string 2 more notes / 1 step down to C

how to know if ur gone 2 notes down?
Is it? im not sure. and i thought drop d was matching the 7th fret of the 6th string to the open 5th string.
Quote by bagidol
standard D? is that standard tuning?

Standard D (D G C F A D) is one step down from standard (E A D G B E).

Drop D = D A D G B E (standard with 6th string down one extra step)
Drop C = C G C F A D (D standard with 6th string down one extra step)
Just do this:

as long as you can tune by ear, drop the first string to a c, by holding down the 4th string and just tuning it normally, now hold dont the 2nd fret on all the rest of the strings and tune them to standard

reg tuning eadgbe, drop c cgcfad

drop d: dadgbe
i find it easy if you just tune your guitar to Drop D by matching your 6th string to your 4th then tune all your other strings to match with your 6th string, then drop your 6th string again matching it to your 4th again. that sounds confusing sorry
Quote by bagidol
standard D? is that standard tuning?

yes its a standard tuning, just you tune to D instead of E