i was just wondering how easy is it to changes tubes, i've never popped my amp open to check it out but its starting to make some wierd noises, and i bought it used so who knows how longs its been since the tubes were replaced.

assuming i just bought a retube kit from euro tubes
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
just dont touch them if you know theyre hot... and oh, disconnect mains cord
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

I did it once on my dad's old Gibson and it was fairly easy. Just had to match up the poles wit da holes
Depends on how many tubes you use. Retubes can cost anywhere from $25-$150 depending on how many tubes/what kind of tubes your amp uses.
well im considering buying the peavey valveking 212...how much would a tube swap go for that?
It uses 4 6l6GC and 3 12ax7's. It'll cost you around $90-$100 for all that from eurotubes (depending on whether or not you wanted high output, balanced tubes, etc). I think the exact price after shipping will be around $91 for a standard set.

EDIT: In USD
well, it depends on how much you use your tubes. Also, if you like the muddier tone you get from worn tubes, then it doesn't really matter.

but yeah, typically for most players, it's a retube every 1-2 years depending on usage. such is the price to pay for your tube amp.
What about........... biasing ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!