you may have experienced this...

especially when im doing alternate picking on one string, it makes some sort of tok-tok sound everytime the pick hits the vibrating string...

any suggestions that might remedy this noise?
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

aw...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

I use to use a good part of the pick when playing and that happened. Now i use almost the very tip of the pick, and the noise is much less.
Quote by THEunknown1
I use to use a good part of the pick when playing and that happened. Now i use almost the very tip of the pick, and the noise is much less.

True, when I started playing I would try to pick the ever-lovin' hell out of every note, but I finally.... FINALLY came to the conclusion that just letting the pick practically glide over strings is the key to fluid progressions and speed.

Hitting notes hard work well in rythym but not lead... IMO

I really hope this saves you the heartache and frustration of falling into a serious guitarist pitfall.

BE
lessen your destortion if you want to get rid of it completely, either that or just learn to deal with it like me. i actually like it
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Like uknown said, "choke up on the pick".. leave only the tip sticking out from between your fingers and it will reduce that noise, enable you to play faster, etc.
Quote by Bad Analogy #1
She grew on him like she was a colony of
E. Coli, and he was
room-temperature Canadian beef.

Quote by Bad Analogy #2
It was an American tradition, like
fathers chasing kids around with
power tools.
^ Lol

I remember when I started to do that and kept hitting Pinch Harmonics on every downstroke. I was hooked and just made screaming noises with my guitar for like a week. It's good to learn that way but back off of the tip and just float your hand in a good spot until it becomes natural. That's my opinion.

BE
turn down the bass and distortion. and dont pick as hard.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
it probably isn't as bad as mine, because i use a friggin triangle(sharp edges) credit card as a pick.

Unless you are using a coin, mines the worst here :P
Quote by Invictious
it probably isn't as bad as mine, because i use a friggin triangle(sharp edges) credit card as a pick.

Unless you are using a coin, mines the worst here :P

lol... may I ask why you're using that when guitar picks are so, so cheap?
Quote by Bad Analogy #1
She grew on him like she was a colony of
E. Coli, and he was
room-temperature Canadian beef.

Quote by Bad Analogy #2
It was an American tradition, like
fathers chasing kids around with
power tools.
Quote by Disarming Smile

lol... may I ask why you're using that when guitar picks are so, so cheap?

I like the tone that they make

hmph