I have an Ibanez ICX220, I was curious as to any of you knowing what pick ups would sound best on this guitar.

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=ICX220DX&z=y

It's a basswood body and I have a Seymour Duncan Invader in the brigde, but it's way too muddy clean and still muddy distorted. I'd like to look into pickups that have a good crunchy distortion, but also good for solos. Suggestions?
Last edited by The way to hate at Jul 6, 2006,
I have a pair of Seymore Duncans in the bridge, but I want better pickups for the neck, and the bridge if there are any.
if you want a lot of gain, dimarzio x2n. if you want the best pickup combo ever (in my opinion) tone zone in bridge and air norton in neck (both dimarzio).
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
Quote by SynGates7X
Those good ol EMG's work well

Your username and title explain why you like EMG's. Severe mental retardation.

If you want a diverse range of sounds from your guitar, get Dimarzios. If you wanna "B OMG METAL DOOD TURN UP ZE GAIN!!!!11!!!", get EMG's.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
not my username...my name kinda has nothing to do with emg's...my title does because i like EMG's and hellraisers come with them stock and they are sick..i suggested EMG's because they are good. lets leave the petty little A7X sucks comments out of the thread. EMG's are good pickups.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Jul 5, 2006,
Quote by norvan
if you want a lot of gain, dimarzio x2n. if you want the best pickup combo ever (in my opinion) tone zone in bridge and air norton in neck (both dimarzio).

Alright so suppose I like to play System of a Down (Daron Malakians disortion is awesome), Metallica, Megadeth (along with my own music) But I also like to be able to get a nice clean tone. What would you suggest? If different then the first suggestion.
a duncan JB does a good job at deing good at distortion and clean without sacrificing one or the other
Go get your shovel.
Quote by The way to hate
Alright so suppose I like to play System of a Down (Daron Malakians disortion is awesome), Metallica, Megadeth (along with my own music) But I also like to be able to get a nice clean tone. What would you suggest? If different then the first suggestion.

If you want a nice clean tone swich to the air norton and make sure that when you wire it up you wire it up with a 5 wich dial so you can have coil splits for single coil sound.
i dont like emgs, get seymor duncan invaders
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
bill lawerence 500-l. good for both clean and distorted. EMG's cost a lot and aren't that great for cleans.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
Ok, here is my 2 cents.

Rhythm Pickup - EMGs (thats when you are distortion)

Treble Pickup - No idea..Seymour Duncan Dimebuckers are my choice, though.
But the EMG's are still going to be better than the infinity pickups in any way arent they?
Quote by TheShizen
But the EMG's are still going to be better than the infinity pickups in any way arent they?

Yes, but they would sound best if it were a mahogany or alder body guitar. So don't get EMGs for that guitar.
I played a high end Ibanez yesterday with Infinity Pickups. I thought they were nice enough already for Metal. Then again I was really testing out a microcube. WHICH I BOUGHT. Savage little beast of a practise amp. Anyways...I'd recommend going to a shop and playing basswood bodied guitars with different pickups through the amp you own to get an Idea of which ones you like the best.
a duncan JB does a good job at deing good at distortion and clean without sacrificing one or the other

The Duncan JB's cleans are horrible. The tone has a lot of twang and just is awful, however the cleans on the 59 are good, so maybe the JB/59 combo or Dimarzios like someone suggested, the EMG's won't sound very good in the basswood body.
Quote by norvan
Your username and title explain why you like EMG's. Severe mental retardation.

If you want a diverse range of sounds from your guitar, get Dimarzios. If you wanna "B OMG METAL DOOD TURN UP ZE GAIN!!!!11!!!", get EMG's.

jackass; who are you to judge?

I say go for some swinesheads if your in the UK, a dimarzio super distortion or a SD screaming demon may be decent choices.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
EMGs don't sound good in basswood as far as I know. I ordered Dimazrio Tone Zone and Air Nortons today. =)
Last edited by The way to hate at Jul 6, 2006,