They are great picks. Very small so its easier to get pitch harmonics. Very hard so it doesnt bend. Very sharp tip so its easy to hit notes. Harder to finger tap with a pick.
check out the edge 'pickboy' made from carbon nylon they make a big difference to speed and accuracy, however on a clean channel they give more static when touching a string without the body touching it (you know what i mean)
Dude, I love those picks. Obviously, as with any large gauge string, alternate picking will become more difficult, and riffs will prove tricky (as the pick may fly out of your sweaty hand!), but the payoff is in heavy ****ing pinch harmonics and a great feel and attack for solos. I've been using the same Jazz III pick for about a year and a quarter, and though the edge no longer exists, and it's heavily worn, the pick has allowed me to become a better alternate picker by forcing me to work harder to make up for it's thickness. I love them.
umm wel a pick can help but its more in your fingers, getting a certain pick wont make you magicaly play faster, or learn that hard new riff youve been trying to learn, but they are good picks i like em
yea they help speed a bit, but just beware once you switch to the jazz 3 itll be hell to get back to the "regular" picks if you decide you dont like em. and theyre just about as easy to finger tap with, dont see how it would make a difference. (personally i prefer the red ones cause theyre eaiser to find if lost or dropped )
Last edited by metal_man12 at Jul 5, 2006,
I personally am not a huge fan of smaller sized picks. I find that my hands sweat enough so that anything smaller than my thumb will just slip out about once every two or three songs...

And that's too much. So anyways, it's mainly just a personal choice. I do like that they have a sharper point than most of the Nylon/Tortex picks I've been using.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Those are my pick of choice.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i use the Xl series they do, i cant stand the small ones, there too small ya know. But i've lost my last one *sigh* guess ill have to buy like a pack of 10 or so.......
Quote by Mahavishnu80
check out the edge 'pickboy' made from carbon nylon they make a big difference to speed and accuracy, however on a clean channel they give more static when touching a string without the body touching it (you know what i mean)

Pickboy is out of buisness . I used to love the Edge and marijuana carbon nylon picks, but they dont make them anymore. I tried the Jazz III and loved them even more though so its all good.