Ive got this Vox tube amp with one ten inch speaker, and I dig the sound SO much.
But its just not loud enough for my applications. Its only 10 watts, and Im playing to 100+ people in a gymnasium weekly.
What Im looking to do, is make a 2x15 Cab, but with a way to boost the volume of my vox ALOT.
I know how to wire, and have a sodering gun and all. But Ive never gone about creating a cab before. I read the cab design page, and that was very helpful.
So what Im asking now, is how do I add something to amplify the sound evenmore, With as little coloring added to the sound as possible.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
You only have 10 watts. Adding 10 speakers won't make it louder. You need to amplify the good tone coming out of the 10" speaker. Mic the vox speaker and feed thru the gym PA.
I dont have a good mic I can use on it, All my mics are on the drumset, and I wont settle for semi good sound. Ive got 400 dollars in mics on the set, Im really just looking to do this. I need help on this.
Whats an attinuator do?

Gym has no PA. Its a church thing in a gym at a school. I know more speakers wont make it louder,thats why Im asking if there's a way to amplify the current signal.
Im running it through a behringer right now, But I hate it with a passion since it ruins the tube sound.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x

if the vox has a preamp or headphone out (same thing), you can get a power amp and send the signal to that, then the cab
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Ah.
Thank you, Thats all I needed.
But I looked up attentuators, Those LOWER the volume. : P.

Oooook.
Poweramps FAR beyond my price range.
So I Suppose the thread should be called
How to build a power amp.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

PM me, or just say # x

youre pretty much screwed. Micing is the only solution i think. Adding more speakers will just project your sound better, it wont change the wattage of the amp. An attentuator is made to lower the wattage of your amp so you can crank it wihtout making your ears bleed, thats if your amp is larger than 10 watts. Even outputting your amp into a power amp will compromise the tone of the vox. Why dont you just use your money to a buy an shure sm-57 or something, its not that expensive, and itll do your tone better than the above options. I dont think there is any other way wihtout compromising your tone. Tough luck, its a 10 watt, they arnt made to play gyms without a PA.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
You can build a circuit board of a volume boost and then instead of enclosing it in a box to use as a stomp box, you can add the footswitch to the cab and the circuit board can be inside the cab. When you want a boost, you can press the footswitch and adjust the boost/volume level on there so you can get it louder.
You could buy a decent PA system yourself, and a Sure SM57, then you can mic the Vox, and it can be amplified louder.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30