ok, I know this has been asked before, but I have to make sure. If I use my bass while it's plugged into my guitar amp, will the amp work normally? I have a VOX Valvetronix and a Squier P Bass. Any help would be appreciated.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Quote by ac/dc_freak91
Sweet! Thank you good sir, you've saved my ass!

Yes, it will work but their is a good chance it will blow the amp beacuse a guitar amp isn't made to handel the low pitches of a bass guitar.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
itll ruin your amp over a very short amount of time, or simply blow or tear the speaker if cranked too loud
a guitar into a bass amp will work but not a bass into a guitar amp, it has nothing to do with the pitches,, it has to do wityh that a bass has much more output
You will bow up your amp no problem, right now I am using a bass amp to play guitar through, I really like the tone. But yeah don't ever play Bass through a guitar amp.
sigh....

unless you are intending to do gigs/band practice, or are an inconsiderate bastard with noise levels while practicing in your room, it will be fine. it will not explode, blow up, fry, go sub-atomic, or anything else

no, its not good for the speaker, but its not that bad either. certainly not bad enough for it to damage it if you are just careful.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
It will sound horrible. It will have near to no low end. It will distort. It will not blow though, not unless the amp is that bad it would blow from a guitar being put through it too. Try to imagine the differences between a cheap guitar amp and a cheap bass amp. Both have the same speaker design and size, only the actual 'head' part of the amp changes, with the EQ not being set up for the bass.
I have the same Squier P bass and i have the fender bass amp witch i got in the squier starter pack it also has a gig bag headphones and a learning video it only cost me about $300.
I tried my bass on friends marshall GUITAR amp and its a totally diferent sound.
It doesnt sound like the bass at all.
So you better buy a bass amp, fender is the best for Squier P.
Quote by Luka38
I have the same Squier P bass and i have the fender bass amp witch i got in the squier starter pack it also has a gig bag headphones and a learning video it only cost me about $300.
I tried my bass on friends marshall GUITAR amp and its a totally diferent sound.
It doesnt sound like the bass at all.
So you better buy a bass amp, fender is the best for Squier P.

Fender may be best for you, but not for everyone, different tones for different music.
Well its great if you whant a jazzy sound but its not for metal type players
Quote by julioman
ok, I know this has been asked before, but I have to make sure.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=704045

All those threads pretty much say the same thing. If you turn the amp up to high, it will blow. Guitar amps are not made to handle the lower fequencies of a bass guitar.

Now, if I could close this, I would.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.