Page 1 of 5
So who has a favorite book this forum is for people who read to post and discuss their favorite books. So if you have no book to post please don't post.
one of the judy blume
fudge books
like superfudge, doublefudge

btw where in mass u live?
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Johnny Got His Gun
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

(I cheated that's 5 books in 1)

Truly a classic.......trilogy?
ill prolly get some b it ching for it but prolly one ofmy faves is The Divinci Code
hard candy by andrew vachss, or else airframe by michael chriton, awsome books!
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
Quote by IbanezRckr101
ill prolly get some b it ching for it but prolly one ofmy faves is The Divinci Code

That's a really good book. I enjoyed it.
The noise makerers:
LTD EC-1000 (EMG81/60)
Epiphone SG (PRS pups)
Squire strat (stock) - hell yes for first guitars!)

The noise maker louderfiers:
Marshall AVT head
Marshall vintage cab
Valvetronix AD30VT

CHECK OUT
Anything by Mario Puzo and The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

"It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors." - Oscar Wilde

Quote by Iluvpowerchords
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

(I cheated that's 5 books in 1)

Truly a classic.......trilogy?

Greatest Book Ever

And on a more intellectual note it would be Walden - Henry David Thoreau

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by pyrohotdog

Agreed, same thing I was thinking. That and The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brein

Edit: Ah, the Cuckoo's Nest was a good one too, brilliant use of point of view.
Last edited by guywithguitar at Jul 6, 2006,
Very hard decision. I think I can narrow it down to two though.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (Ken Kesey) & Midaq Alley (Naguib Mahfouz)

Probably the two most profound books Ive ever read, and I read ALOT of books. These books are so incredibley deep and insightful you can write volumes on them. They are also reflections of the society and time period they were created in, so you can learn alot about America search for its identity in the 60s as well as how Egypt's traditional society was uprooted during World War II and the intra-societal struggle that ensued as a result. Both also have many universal themes that can be examined. Both are written beautifully in eloquent language, have unique and unforgettable characters wonderfully described, and will force you to think deeply about a great deal of topics.

Please go out and read one of these books.
Alas, Babylon
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
The Dirt, the Motley Crue biography, does that count?
If not, then the Musashi books.
Gear:ESP B50 Bass , Ibanez Bass Practice amp, Dean Vendetta 4F , Dean TEVO, Epiphone Special SG, Dimarzio pickups, 30-watt Randall combo, 95Q Crybaby wah, Dunlop Picks, Dadarrio strings, MXR six-band eq.
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.

Truly a classic.
Wade in the water, child.
Oh oh oh oh, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
The noise makerers:
LTD EC-1000 (EMG81/60)
Epiphone SG (PRS pups)
Squire strat (stock) - hell yes for first guitars!)

The noise maker louderfiers:
Marshall AVT head
Marshall vintage cab
Valvetronix AD30VT

CHECK OUT
A Clockwork Orange
Animal Farm
Fight Club
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
The Dirt by Motley Crue is amazing
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
The Rum Diary
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org
I really liked the Giver because it made me think about things... I don't know, it's just one of those things that gets you thinking about the craziest stuff..

Yes, I realize it is for younger kids (i think the reading level is like 6th or something...) , but it's still a great book. You guys should read it if you haven't, it's only a hundred - 2 hundred pages I think, it'll go quick.
-"Son, hurry up, it's almost time to go!"

-"Okay daddy, almost ready."

-"Got your pads son?"

-"Yes dad."

-"Have your helmet?"

-"Yes dad, I do."

-"Good, your bus should be here any minute now..."
all the hitchikers Guide to Galaxy books, the lord of the rings and all related books, the beatles anthology and dazed and confused the stories behind the songs of
led zeppelin
Quote by lateraluspiral

Fight Club

Fight club is up there, I dunno what my all time fav would be though. Walk this way, Please Kill Me, The Stand. All my top favs...
"Who Killed Kurt Cobain"

and

Tom Clancy's "Battle Ready"
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Iron X Maiden
I really liked the Giver because it made me think about things... I don't know, it's just one of those things that gets you thinking about the craziest stuff..

Yes, I realize it is for younger kids (i think the reading level is like 6th or something...) , but it's still a great book. You guys should read it if you haven't, it's only a hundred - 2 hundred pages I think, it'll go quick.

I remember reading that book way back when. Its actually pretty tight. Sort of trippy in a way. Great message though.
Incompetence by Rob Grant. Go look it up. No, seriously. It's AWESOME.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
Quote by pyrohotdog

That would have to be mine also, although Animal Farm is up there as well.

Have you read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? I'm reading that right now and I think it's very interesting how they use peer pressure to control the masses, rather than fear like in 1984
Member #11 of the "I Survived UG PWNED Day" Club

Member of the "I'm allowed to like the Dead Kennedys AND underOATH AND Public Enemy" Club

I am the Wrath Of God. The Earth I walk will see me and tremble.
Last edited by seven ate nine at Jul 6, 2006,
Quote by seven ate nine
That would have to be mine also, although Animal Farm is up there as well.

Have you read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? I'm reading that right now and I think it's very interesting how they use peer pressure to control the masses, rather than fear like in 1984

If you like those books you should read We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. Thats the original dystopian novel, the one Orwell and Huxley based theirs off of.
Quote by bajeda
If you like those books you should read We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. Thats the original dystopian novel, the one Orwell and Huxley based theirs off of.

Thanks, I think I'll read that next.
Member #11 of the "I Survived UG PWNED Day" Club

Member of the "I'm allowed to like the Dead Kennedys AND underOATH AND Public Enemy" Club

I am the Wrath Of God. The Earth I walk will see me and tremble.
The Silence of the Lambs was freakin' excellent.
and I loved The Da Vinci Code, I read it in two days (during school, too)
"The poor didn't want this one."
I, Robot - Isaac Asimov
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
1984 - George Orwell
The Harry Potter series

I'm curious about this - is anyone else working on writing a book?
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Wow, I'm surprised...I didn't know this many people in the Pit knew how to read, let alone read actual books...

I've always been partial to Crichton's works; my favorites probably being The Andromeda Strain, The Terminal Man and Rising Sun.

I also very much enjoyed All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque. I thought it was an amazing war novel.
slaughter house 5 is pretty good...
bless me ultima..
audio culture: readings in modern music
Quote by Vindication
I've always been partial to Crichton's works; my favorites probably being The Andromeda Strain, The Terminal Man and Rising Sun.

I forgot about Crichton. Thank you for that. I think my favorite of his works is Sphere. It really clicked with me, and the black hole/space-time continuem (sp?) idea really made it a lot more interesting.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Ender's Game. One of the greatest. And The Eye Of The World. Anyone read these?
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
-A Clockwork Orange
-Dune (the first 5 or 6, after that, it got old and they're running dry)
-If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor (Any Bruce Campbell, Evil Dead, or Army Of Darkness fan should read this, I was crying laughing, hell, I reccomend it to anyone, it's a great funny autobiographical book)
-Dante's Inferno / Purgatorio / Paradisio
-The Aeneid
-The Universe in a Nutshell
-A Breif History of Time
-Lake Wobegon
-Sphere (The movie is good too, I went through a big Chrichton phase, and this was one of my favorites, its the only book I have ever read where I have gotten scared)
-The Restoration
-Zen Guitar (I HIGHLY reccomend this book to any guitar player here, it's a short, quick read, it helps you think about guitar on another level, and dare I say, even though it's gunna sound like an infomercial: helped me get better at guitar).

I love reading.

EDIT:
Quote by Iron X Maiden

I agree, it's one of the first books I read as a kid, and even now like it and appreciate it, I'd also reccomend it.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Last edited by AngilasGuy at Jul 6, 2006,
hard candy by andrew vachss, or else airframe by michael chriton, awsome books!

I dunno i never really liked Airframe, it was a bit gritty - I like pretty much anything else my Crichton though.

His Dark Materials and The Wind On Fire. Were both really good trilogies
A lot of stuff by Dean Koontz is good
Page 1 of 5