my friend has an Epiphone SG and he plays only metal and needs some metal pickups for it. he wanted to get EMG-HZs or somehting but im sure there is somethiing beter out there so does anyone know some better pickups for it?
www.myspace.com/akomerta <--- my band check it out!
the official #68 member of the metal militia
Member #8 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
seymor duncan invaders, dimarzio super distortion but id go for the invaders thats what hetfeild had in one of the guitars he used for kill em all
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
^ but if you get an invader there is no decent clean to them, and its really muddy sounding with a lot of distortion. Im sure there are much better out there for the same price, and about the emg-hz, i have heard bad things. i have never played with them though, so i cant speak from experience
I suggest he looks into buying a pair of bill lawarence xl-500's. All I can say is that they are Great pickups and for only 50 bucks a pickup you cant go wrong.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
yup. i had a bill lawerence 500-l in the bridge postion, and it was great for metal. and it's good for harmonics as well. good bass and trebles.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
bill lawrence pickups are the bomb for metal, for the price not much comes close, i recommend a XL-500 for the bridge and a L-500r for the neck
EMG ZW (81,85) i like them
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
All Spiders suck. Accept it. Even the ones with legs.