I have a Lotus LP copy at home and it plays and sounds better than any guitar I've ever heard or played(including my friends Gibson LP Deluxe).But on the bridge pickup some of the plastic is broken off and the coils are exposed,can this shock me if I were to touch while playing?And would putting super glue over it to cover it **** with the sound?
Putting super glue on it would be the worst idea besides the one that makes you think yours sounds better than a Gibson. But seriously, you've just convinced yourself that it does.

Anyways, don't have the guitar plugged in. It isn't self-powered, meaning it doesn't have power running through. I doubt any voltage occurring while it's plugged into your ampis enough to hurt you. Take it into a shop.
Looking for my India/Django.
electrical tape the ****er, dont take it to a repair man like red wing suck said.
after that it should be ready to rock again.
it should be fine if u just leave it
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
I've tried electrical tape,its coming off.And it does sound better,I'm not the only one check out harmony central,everyone who has one on says it sounds better too.Gibsons just a name.
Quote by whistler369
Best way is to touch it. See what happens :P

yeh, see what happens when you touch a hot stove
the problem is, once the coils are exposed u run the risk of damaging that pickup.

if u poke at, or break the coil, then ur pickup will start to feedback and sound like crap.

maybe u should buy a pickup cover, or repot (wax coat) it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah why dont you just replace the pickup?
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
well he can use it till it breaks, (if it does break.) but upgrading pickups is always fun anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011