ok i think i'm going to get a mesa f-30 but i was wondering if you can get good metal tones from it. i read in many reviews in harmony central that "it is not a metal amp.' the metal sounds i would like to get from it are sounds like metalica, pantera, megadeath and avenged sevenfold. Do you think i could get those kinds of sounds and tones from this amp without any pedals or do you think i would have to get a pedal? and what kind of pedal should i get to get those sounds? i have heard of the TS9's and the maxon tubescreamer but arn't those to boost up your solos? Am i looking for something like a boss SD1, or OD?

by the way yes i have played the amp but it was a couple of weeks ago. The next time i go down to the guitar store i might buy it and was wondering if i need pedals to get the "metal" sound so i wouldn't have to fool around in the store for too much.

thx
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
All Spiders suck. Accept it. Even the ones with legs.
I think you'd be able to get those, perhaps bar the pantera tone- you may need an eq for that, as pantera is a pretty bright tone, while mesas are quite dark. Can you try it? and remember to use the contour channel!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok thanx guyz. ^^^what kind of OD do you think? I have heard of the TS9's and the maxon tubescreamer but arn't those to boost up your solos? or can they be used just as distortion too?
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
All Spiders suck. Accept it. Even the ones with legs.
Last edited by Canuck_22 at Jul 6, 2006,