Ok so i'm really intrigued by this guitar - the Ibanez RG1520g... it has three knobs instead of the two on nearly all the other RG's, and apart from that, it has two little switches, the function of which i'm not too sure...
the link is here,
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG1520G
and i haven't put a picture up because i don't know how to, so if someone will be kind enough to let me know, i'll edit this post asap...
so what do the extra knob and the two switches do? I saw the G3 Live in Tokyo DVD, and in his song 'Building the Church', Steve Vai uses similar switches on his 'Mojo' JEM to add and remove effects (built-in, i guess)... is this what this is for?
Double Edge Pro for Roland GK
The Edge Pro tremolo on the RG1520G is GK compatible, which allows access to Roland's GK effects and midi control. Isolated piezo elements offer superior tracking for controlling midi devices.

From Ibanez Canada/World site. The American site sucks.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by tombo32
^ I always thought it was for piezo (sp?) pickups? Or is that another RG model?

nope its that model. and practicaly these are the same as a edge pro
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jul 6, 2006,
so these tones come from the BRIDGE? i don't get how that works... like in the RG 1820, it says that it has a 'Piezo Compatible' brigde, so I guess its similar...
how does the Edge Pro bridge have anythign to do with that? wouldn't it have more to do with the pickups?
nope the piezo are located in the bridge and feel the vibration of the wood (i think) and pickup the sound making it have an acoustic sound