Rack?You mean guitar rack?,What the hell does the rack he uses have to do with his tone.Dont steal his sound.Find your own
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/sig/alexi_saw.html

he uses his japanese made ESP, not the USA ones. I think his amp is a Lee Jackson GP 1000 Preamp with all the knobs on 10, a Dime Wah, some Multi effect pedal board. Remember, he uses a gain boost in his guitars with the HZ. He says it wil generate alot of fuzz if he used an 81, but thats bull**** cause Kerry King uses a gain boost on his Signature pup set.

EDIT: oh yeah he uses some type of High end VHT Cabs too.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Last edited by Cone 21 at Jul 6, 2006,
Quote by OneloveSkater
Rack?You mean guitar rack?,What the hell does the rack he uses have to do with his tone.Dont steal his sound.Find your own

, his rack has everything to do with his tone genious.
All I know is that he uses a VHT preamp and a Marshall poweramp I think, he got it a long time ago though.
I read in an interview somewhere that he cranked up his mids a lot more than most metal guitarists do so his guitar sound will really stand out between the other instrumens. Hope this helps.
Quote by Dardarian
I read in an interview somewhere that he cranked up his mids a lot more than most metal guitarists do so his guitar sound will really stand out between the other instrumens. Hope this helps.

Yup. Very high mids, although this doesn't really sound good with lots of treble, maybe the alder body helps this?
Quote by El Codyo
, his rack has everything to do with his tone genious.
All I know is that he uses a VHT preamp and a Marshall poweramp I think, he got it a long time ago though.

he seemed to be rotating the power amp a lot (VHT, Engl, Marshall, etc...) and the preamp was a Lee Jackson like mentioned above.

And he uses quiet a lot of mids (but he plays at high volume, since at bedroom volumes that type of settings doesn't sound all that amazing....)
Quote by Cone 21
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/sig/alexi_saw.html

he uses his japanese made ESP, not the USA ones. I think his amp is a Lee Jackson GP 1000 Preamp with all the knobs on 10, a Dime Wah, some Multi effect pedal board. Remember, he uses a gain boost in his guitars with the HZ. He says it wil generate alot of fuzz if he used an 81, but thats bull**** cause Kerry King uses a gain boost on his Signature pup set.

EDIT: oh yeah he uses some type of High end VHT Cabs too.

yeh custom shop ESP's while were on the subjects his got like 4 i know 1 has the scythe inlays, 1 has the arrowhead inlays, 1 has the sawtooth inlays. and then you got the different colour schemes.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh custom shop ESP's while were on the subjects his got like 4 i know 1 has the scythe inlays, 1 has the arrowhead inlays, 1 has the sawtooth inlays. and then you got the different colour schemes.

those things give me the worst G.A.S. EVER! I hate seeing some of the pics on BMusic sometimes!
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Cone 21
those things give me the worst G.A.S. EVER! I hate seeing some of the pics on BMusic sometimes!

what as in good worst g.a.s or bad worst g.a.s
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what as in good worst g.a.s or bad worst g.a.s

Bad G.A.S. since I can't afford a $3000 Dollar Alexi Siggy! Besides, I'd rather get Jeff Hanneman guitar with the UC paint job with the SS and skull inlays they discontinuded.
cmon cone post in the forums especially the sig section where shane posted new pics of jeff's sig with kahler. also did you get my pm