Page 1 of 3
Wondering if this is a good brand.

I like the look of the Warlack.....But dont know how good it is.
those are okay, just stay away from bc rich guitars. only noobs who dont know **** about guitars and think they look cool buy those.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by wingedgopher
those are okay, just stay away from bc rich guitars. only noobs who dont know **** about guitars and think they look cool buy those.

Just wondering..........

Just looking for a "new" Guitar to buy.

Metallica Rules.......
Quote by El Codyo
It sounds like you're buying a guitar just for looks, don't.

I'm really not......I have a buddy that has been playing for about 13 years ( me for about 7 months ) and i ask him about some nice sounding guitars that I could look into to buy, He pointed out that some of the DimeBag Guitars were very nice sounding. But thats why Im asking these questions, so i wont buy a guitar that blows.
from my experiances, bc rich use bad woods that happen to have parts that break off while i'm playing.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Why don't you go try the guitar first. One thing though, don't get any of the beginner models like the bronzie series.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
They make novelty guitars.

I was going to buy a platinum warlock, but they didnt have any. Y'know, just to stand up at a gig and say "Hey, check this out" :p
BC Rich are ok if you get the 'better' series such as the NJ's. The platinums etc... are a bunch of toss. Seriously.
Quote by El Codyo
You can get better guitars for $1000 dollars than the Dime Sigs.

Yeah but it would be kickass to play one of dimes guitars.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Man, They're show guitars!

They're MADE for you to wear, up on stage, and say "HEY! CHECK THIS OUT!" They're a performers guitar, not a guitarists guitar.
thread starter, if u give a budget, type of music u play, and amp ur using now im sure we could suggest some alternatives.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm guessing that you play metal cuz of your sig, and guessing for a price range of ~$700-$1000 from the deans you listed, so I'm going to suggest either a Jackson RR3 or RR5.
youre just asking to be bashed by starting a thread about BC Rich... i like them, but only the higher end models. NJ series are nice, check out the NJ Mockingbird
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
if you want to get a guitar that dimebag played, why dont you check out Dean guitars....???
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by wingedgopher

Oh and Kerry King, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Nasum...

I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
the high end ones arent bad, buth they have to be the top of the line ones, like the exact ones that kerry king uses.......the rest are ****
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Peavy Renown Solo Series Amp
Quote by Mr.Rodgers
Oh and Kerry King, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Nasum...

yeah, i dont think Cannibal Corpse uses Bronze Warlocks to play Frantic Disembowelment. they guitar would burn in his hands of the sheer awe.
BC Rich LOW END guitars are bad. If you were to get a $3000+ Custom Shop BC Rich, it would be incredibly good, but of course you can get something else for that price. Most people on this forum will jump on the "I hate BC Rich" bandwagon, and say that BC Rich are "noob guitars", when bands like Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, and Death use them, and they are better than 99% of people on this forum.

Bottom line, dont buy a low-end (inexpensive) BC Rich.
Quote by Gopher636
yeah, i dont think Cannibal Corpse uses Bronze Warlocks to play Frantic Disembowelment. they guitar would burn in his hands of the sheer awe.

Yes but my point was many proffesional bands use BC Rich guitars.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
hate the warlock shape with a passion. my ex guitarist in my last band had a tribal warlock, and i despised it.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^^^The BC Rich body shapes are ugly as well, IMO. The only ones that I like are the Stealth (discontinued) and the Mockingbird is alright as well.
Many professional bands do use BC Riches. Like Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, Death and Dragonforce (Sam uses them not Herman). That was a true statement the high end ones are very nice guitars for metal. Check them otu but as said the lower end ones are ****ty.
even as low as NJ classic are nice, maybe a pu change, but theyre still great guitar imo
I'm in to Metal, Rock.......Metallica, Ozzy, Guns N Roses, But I also like to play 3 doors down and music of that nature.

I would like to find a very nice sounding Guitar anywhere from $300-$500. If some of you would just throw some ideas my way, just to give me something to go on, it would be much help to me. Thanks
well a bich or mockingbird NJ Classic, is like 600 bucks if your really into those
Quote by purple_hazer
well a bich or mockingbird NJ Classic, is like 600 bucks if your really into those

I'm new to all of this.......I have only been playing part time for the last 7 months.

So i really have no clue to what that is.
Quote by purple_hazer
what are you lookin for as far as tones?

As far as tones.........

I'm just lookin to be able to play anything from Fade to Black to Far away by Nickelback to Guns N Roses.....3 doors down, Not really the hard metal.......

Maybe......

Nothing Else Matters
Fade to Black
Knockin on Heavens door

U get the idea on what kind of music i like.
Well fade to black isn't all that heavy so I suggest you get a SSH strat. They are more versatile.
If you buy a Bronze or Platinum version, they are very decent. Sure, not AMAZINGLY AWESOME, but they do a good job.

I like the Mockingbird Bronze, I've never played the Platinum, but the Bronze is nice, the other guitarist in our band has one, and the neck is thin, and fast and has pretty good power in the humbuckers. It's not that heavey either, but that's coming from a guy who uses a Sonex with a rebuilt oak body... so a bunch of guitars are light to me......
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
well it kinda goes without saying that a $3000 guitar is going to be good, even if it bc rich. but if you're gonna pay that much for a guitar you might as well get a custom guitar.
Gah, people who say BC Rich suck really annoy me, yeah the bronze series probably do suck but look at the better series, thats just like saying you hate fender cos of the squiers, for a BC Rich i'd suggest a high end Bich, Mockingbird, Beast or warlock those look cool
Page 1 of 3