ive been playin a song i wrote which uses many appeggios and dimished apeggios across the strings. I now have cramp and stiffness in my hand, will hard practice and building up the muscles prevent this?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
probably
Quote by Vindication
Really? If you spill liquids on electronic devices, it messes them up?!

Enlighten us with your wisdom more, O grand and all-knowing BoomerSoooner!

Quote by CanadaHckyDude
kill her...that'll set you free

not sure
It will but when your hand cramps STOP PLAYING for a bit until you feel good agaain.
Warm up before playing and try not to just pick up you axe and shred start off slow and work from there as you can do damage otherwise.
Quote by libriumbum
It will but when your hand cramps STOP PLAYING for a bit until you feel good agaain.
Warm up before playing and try not to just pick up you axe and shred start off slow and work from there as you can do damage otherwise.

I'd say that this is good advice.

Make sure you aren't pressing too much more than is necessary, that could be the cause of a lot of unnecessarily exerted energy.

Stop playing until your hand uncramps. Do some hand exercises and stretches (without your guitar). Do some finger exercises (on the guitar) before you start to play faster so you don't hurft yourself.

-KR