i saw a clip of Yngwie Malmsteen producin violin sound from his guitar .. does any body have an instructional vdo .. or can guide me how it can properly b done .. like ppl r saying tht he used volume padel .. n sm also say tht metallica also did tht once .. without using the padel .. (thy used the volume knob on the guitar) ..
so can smbody teach me how this is done?
You have the volume knob/pedal set on 0 and whenever you play a note you swell up the volume so you don't hear the inital attack of the pick hitting the string.
link to vid?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by seljer
You have the volume knob/pedal set on 0 and whenever you play a note you swell up the volume so you don't hear the inital attack of the pick hitting the string.

O he meant a regular volume swell? I thought i meant I really SOUNDED as a violin xD i'm sutch a bumbass
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
here's the link :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qvxPui7s4so&search=Yngwie

[btw. comment on back's signature:'A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.'
exactly ..n i guess thts a gud enough reason for me to put this link in ma sig. too ...]
He alternates from volume swells and picking, and uses heavy delay to get that effect. He times it right so the notes overlap, kinda harmonizing with each other.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
Quote by pistavampire

[btw. comment on back's signature:'A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.'
exactly ..n i guess thts a gud enough reason for me to put this link in ma sig. too ...]

Beautiful
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
You could try playing with a bow. I saw Claudio Sanchez do it in his 20 minute Final Cut solo.
ya ... n bout the bow thing ... i need a lil info bout tht too ..
like i know nuthin bout it ... how does it work .. does it work with every guitar ... which company's bow is betta ... how much does it cost n all .. everythin bout the bow .. can ya tell me plz..
Jimmy Page was probably the most famous bow user (even if he didn't do anything really special with it except some random pschedelic fooling around).

Which bow works best? no idea, get something cheap to mess around with (didn't Jimmy Page actually used a cello bow?)

Which comapny makes them best ones? no idea, I think you can get a cheap one for around $50 or less, I really wouldn't get anything more expensive

Which guitar? well..any I guess, you just have to setup the action so the strings are really curved so you can hit any individual string with it

You also have to use rosin on the bow so it creates more friction against the guitar strings.