Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know where I would go to buy a Manson M1D1 or a Manson Kaoss, I REALLY want one and I know you can buy them but i have no idea where, if anyone knows can u leave me a link here, ta
its not a replica fool, u can buy the M1D1 as a normal guitar but matts one was a custom one with extras, all I really want is to know if there is say a site with these guitars in stock, OR any guitar with a built in xy pad or kaoss pad
Quote by Triggerishappy
its not a replica fool, u can buy the M1D1 as a normal guitar but matts one was a custom one with extras, all I really want is to know if there is say a site with these guitars in stock, OR any guitar with a built in xy pad or kaoss pad

before you call people fool's maybe you should read other peoples post

Quote by azn_guitarist25
ummm from hugh manson though he said he will not be making any replicas of Matt's guitar

HUGH MANSON should sell them. and all i said was he wont be making replicas of matt's guitar so thats just a general statement. and its just a xy pad in the guitar
i know that and i also know that u cant buy direct from the manson website, u did however imply that my question was not a valid one which i proved not to be the case
yup, but if you look it hasnt got the m1d1 or the kaoss, hence i ask again

Does anyone know where I would go to buy a Manson M1D1 or a Manson Kaoss, I REALLY want one and I know you can buy them but i have no idea where, if anyone knows can u leave me a link here, ta
and also, manson is a west country based company and I live in essex so how would there be shipping issues!?!???
Quote by Triggerishappy
yup, but if you look it hasnt got the m1d1 or the kaoss, hence i ask again

well really i dont think there a standard guitar. thats why i have to say one more time hugh manson get a custom off him. and im sorry i dont know too much about shipping since im from australia
Quote by Triggerishappy
and also, manson is a west country based company and I live in essex so how would there be shipping issues!?!???

Somehow, I don't see you owning a Manson, not with that maturity level, at least. But, whatever.
How exactly would maturity prevent me from owning a manson, surely the answer to owning anything is purely monetary...
Quote by Triggerishappy
How exactly would maturity prevent me from owning a manson, surely the answer to owning anything is purely monetary...

Well, immature people usually cannot keep a job to support the said Manson. Do you have any I idea what they cost? Anyways, who am I to judge?
yeh well im neva gonna own one right now, i am only 16 and dont currently have a job and have very limited money i really want to look for something to aspire to, something that will make me get a job and work ****ing hard to get!!!
And you reckon that by working in McDonalds you're going to one day be able to afford a guitar like that? You need to set yourself realistic targets otherwise you're just going to get through life disappointing yourself.

Sad but true.
Quote by Aidy Damage
And you reckon that by working in McDonalds you're going to one day be able to afford a guitar like that? You need to set yourself realistic targets otherwise you're just going to get through life disappointing yourself.

Sad but true.

dude, he never said anything about working in macca's. and mansons are realistic targets sorta well if you can make the money
too fukin rite u sh!t, i would never work in mcdonalds ... EVER! And why is that an unrealistic target, its just something i wont get immediately its gona take years b4 i get it but its still a target, perhaps u should set urself soem and egt urself off teh doll
Yeah, if he wants to work towards it, leave him be. I mean, its gonna be easy to be distracted, but if you think you could do it, go right ahead. Sorry about the maturity comment, your typing set me off.
to be honest you could pprobably buy some mods off mansons site and get them put in a guitar you're comfortable with... and save yourself a lot. It's also something you could have earlier and build up eventually... like guys who stock/rice up their cars.

Sorry about the rather assholish comment, I was in a bit of a bad mood that day :p
Quote by Triggerishappy
perhaps u should set urself soem and egt urself off teh doll

I'm not on dole money... I make just enough money in my job at.... homebase...
Quote by Triggerishappy
too fukin rite u sh!t, i would never work in mcdonalds ... EVER! And why is that an unrealistic target, its just something i wont get immediately its gona take years b4 i get it but its still a target, perhaps u should set urself soem and egt urself off teh doll

now no need to write like a retard. as long as you are certain that when you get the guitar your going to use it to its full potential. also you going to hook it up to a kaoss pad
Yeah where do you buy one. I'm interested.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
According to Hugh Manson, the particular body shape associated with the "M1D1" is reserved only for Matthew Bellamy and will not be reproduced for anyone else. Regarding the associated electronics, there has been no official statement that I'm aware of, though I've searched high and low and can't find anyone who will supply an X/Y Midi controller as a standalone unit. At present, the only economical way to duplicate this guitar is to tear up a Kaoss pad and custom make a body that will accept a Tele neck. Manson guitars are EXPENSIVE for base models, and any degree of special work pushes those numbers quite a bit higher.

Also note that all of Bellamy's custom guitars have names and it may be that "M1D1" is the specific name associated with that specific guitar. If this is the case then there will never be another.
He doesn't make replica's of Bellamy's guitars. They're just one off customs for Matt. If you were to go to Mansons (In Devon, i believe) and ask for a H-H Tele with a XY pad and a fernandes sustainer in the neck, he could think of doing it. But the price will be at least 2 grand for it. The amount of work that goes into the guitars is amazing.
What's interesting to note is that the X/Y pad in the guitar had to be a standalone controller in order to go wireless. There are wireless Midi options, but the cost of creating a wireless system for a touchpad integrated system would be crazy compared to the cost of wireless Midi.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Triggerishappy

No offense dude, but from what you've said so far, I think you're the kind of kid who was spoilt by his parents and actually believes you could play better if you had better kit. You remind me of this kid called danny brittain.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
You are very much wrong - I'm not spoiled, I just like to have targets and I don't know why people have such an issue with that!

Going back to the original question - I know what all of you are saying, all of Matt's guitars ARE custom made but the M1D1 is available to buy - it isn't one of Matt's signature ones its based on them. There is a magazine article I have somewhere about it with an interview with Hugh Manson, there is a price tag next to the picture of the guitar at £3995 I think... I will find it and scan it...
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Scratch that - Matt does use the M1D1 and has since June '06, the review was in Guitarist Magazine in 2006
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
they cost ****loads, but you can get em..i saw you tubes of people who had some.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by i-love-aimee
guys could i get one of those kaoss thingy pads installed into my vintage les paul?

I hope you mean vintage as in the brand.

you can, you just have to route out a huge part of the guitars body and stick it in there and wire it up correctly. There have been people who have done it on this forum. I assume it'd cost a lot though.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
the manson M1D1 was custom made for matt bellamy made by hugh manson who makes all matts guitars you will not get hugh manson to make you one the same as matts as he has stopped doing exact copys to the public you might get him to make something similar to it though but will cost you a fortune. you cannot just go on the manson site and buy a M1D1 Manson sometimes a manson custom will show up on the site like this

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/brands/manson-electric-guitars/manson/classic-t-maple-neck-electric-guitar/

http://www.mansons.co.uk/news/2008/11.html
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
Quote by Kai07
they cost ****loads, but you can get em..i saw you tubes of people who had some.

They're not that expensive. The mini one costs £90

TS: I'm sorry but I seriously can't read some of your posts. If you want one, perhaps get a job now? Maybe just a saturday job, but it will still earn you money. The "in the future I'll have worked hard and done such and such a thing" idea is a bad one at most. If you start saving and working now, you may get one sooner than you thought
If you want something made by Manson, it's going to cost a lot. A hell of a lot. Nice if you have the money. He's a really nice guy though, sold me my last guitar from his shop. I only realised who he was after I left the shop, and was like...Whoa. :P

But I think it's true that he said he's not going to make replicas of Bellamy's guitars for anyone but Bellamy. He might do one with a Kaoss pad, but it'd cost buckets.

As a final note, the OP is clearly trolling, and it may be best to ignore him.
the OP if from 2006 so it's hardly relevant anyway.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Unless you have around $6000 (not including the price of the KP2 and shipping), you're not getting anywhere close to buying an M1D1.

edit: damn, just saw the original post date. Who the hell necro'd this?

edit 2: Oh, an '08er
Page 1 of 2