Hey,

I only tonight came across a brand of amps that I have never heard of before -"Koch." Has anyone heard of this brand of amp? I saw that the bands fuelblooded and insomnium use these amps, and I was wondering - are they a common amp? In Australia, where I live, I've never even heard of the brand......

Are they a good amp, coz I'm in the process of looking for one, so if I can find one, I may have a look at it. Are they anywhere else apart from the netherlands? I really like insomniums tone, and thats kind of the sound I wouldn't mind having. If they're really worth it, I may see how much it is to custom order one to Australia.

Cheers for any thoughts guys,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
ive seen it before, just dont know where. look around on some specialty sites on the internet.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Koch Multitone.......... a suped-up Mesa Mark IV they say.....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^ eh, it's more like a soldano or splawn with a good clean (the multitone).

the powertone is more metal.

i wouldn't know where too look for one, try ebay?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
They have a distributor in Perth.

Energy & Automation
341 Lord Street
Perth WA. 6000
Phone: +61 8 932 883 50
Fax: +61 8 93288461
Email: info@energy-automation.ii.net
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
They have a distributor in Perth.

Energy & Automation
341 Lord Street
Perth WA. 6000
Phone: +61 8 932 883 50
Fax: +61 8 93288461
Email: info@energy-automation.ii.net

Thats the distributor is it? I'm actually living in Perth at the moment, so I might go and check them out!

EDIT: I just had a look at the website then - those prices are really really high!!! Especially for a brand that I've never even heard of...... I could get a triple rec for less than those!!!! I'm assuming that the price is a reflection of the quality of the amps?

Thanks very much for your help

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Last edited by danastasi at Jul 6, 2006,
Well they are a boutique amp manufacturer... High prices are usually a given for those - logically.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I really liked the multitone when I tried it...

you just have to try it to see if you like it. Just don't judge it based on the double entendre name...

"mum, I'm going up to my bedroom to play with my koch...you'd better stay out, it's gonna be loud..."
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I really liked the multitone when I tried it...

you just have to try it to see if you like it. Just don't judge it based on the double entendre name...

"mum, I'm going up to my bedroom to play with my koch...you'd better stay out, it's gonna be loud..."

hahaha. yeah, try not to go in the store and say that either.

Could i play with one of your koch's?
or something wouldn't be to pretty

if you can't figure out how its said, then go look at it and ask "can i try this amp?" while standing next to it, so they know.
I have been thinking about getting a Multitone, but I still need to play through one before I decide...A lot of big name players are using them - Paul Reed Smith owner of PRS guitars has like 4 of them...Johnny Hilland and Randy Bachman use them too...
Lava Man

Your One Stop High-End Custom Cable Shop
personally i think the powertone owns at every aspect. but thats me, it has rich/full/warm/thick/clear leads.. what more could you ask for?
welcome to the world of real amps

expect 2000 dollars to be the standard minimum for boutique amps and tone, anything like Koch, Framus, Engl, Splawn, Soldano, VHT, Bogner, Diezel, Matchless, pfft whatever - there are a million amp companies, and half of them can make some nice amps :p

i like Koch personally, also Matamp is pretty sweet, Framus for darker tones, or for my favorite complete line, Engl - also i like CAE OD and 3+ preamp, Matchless for clean tones
-Mike
You forgot Dumble amps........ you shall die !1!1!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Their boutique-ness has faded

Keep the faith, baby!!
Yeah men.....

Which one is sexier a virgin with a bikini, or a ehhm...*****...Ehhm nude.......

Keep the faith, baby!!