Page 1 of 2
Hey i have seen pics and specs on that New ENGL called the Invader and i was wondering if anyone knows the Price in USD and when the release date is gonna be. From what i have read they are a tad on the bright side which i like and i have been listening to different clips on Rocksolidamps and really like the Savage 120 and the SE and i was wondering if anyone has clips on the Invader

I hope you guys understand that because i started to ramble sry

THX
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
They're wont be any clips till it comes out... lol
i'm sure rocksolidamps will do clips when they receive it
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
I heard it was pretty impossible to get ENGLs in the states ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^ no, ebay and www.rocksolidamps.com have engls.

you wont find many in GC or sam ash, no.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Ya im about 150 miles from Rocksolid amps thats where i was gonna go to get an ENGL but i have never played one and wont play one till i get the money to buy one because im not making two trips there so i need to make up my mind when i try them so i was just wondering on some suggestions of the amps Prefereably the SE the Savage and the new Invader
well, what music do you play?

i don't think the invader is out yet, and I think the 150 watter is the first one to come out, so it'll be really, really loud... there should be a 100 and 50 watter (maybe) out later, but that may be next year...

EDIT: also remember when you do go to rocksolid to try their splawns and framuses (and anything else they might have) in case you like them better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh i have tried both Splawn and Framus amps they had a couple at GC i tried a CObra and a Dragon. And some splawn not sure exactly which one. I thought the framus were a tad to dark for my tastes.

Oh i play metal and i really like the CLips of the SE and Savage but i was wondering about specs like i know they both have four channels but do they have seperate EQs what other features do they have?

And Dave have you heard about the invader and possibly how they are supposed to compare to the other two i listed. Like i need four channels.

One for Soaring Lead
One for Hi Gain Rhythm
One for Mid Gain Rhythm stuff
One for clean

SO what kinda specs do you guys have on these besides what i listed one with four seperate EQs would be nice but im not sure if either of them have that
^ that sounds a bit like a powerball, or an SE.

although the savage has rough/smooth buttons- so you can use the lead channel (rough mode) for the metal rhythm, then switch to smooth for lead. And they have dual master volumes too, so you could use the same tone (just louder) for solos, if you wish in addition.

it basically depends what you're after- the powerball is better for high gain than the savage, IMO, but the savage is better at mid gain, and medium high gain (like hard rock and classic metal).

And some people who like metal don't like the powerball too...

The SE is pretty much rockin' for everything- but then you could buy several amps for its cost...

I think danno13 heard someone demo the invader at musicmesse in frankfurt, but I haven't heard it at all...

EDIT: as far as I know, only the invader has 4 separate EQ's.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the powerball has a lot more gain than the savage - powerball should only be purchased for mega metal heads, but be known that it has very usable low-gain as well

and powerball/fireball are very picky on cabs: cabs that work are bogner uberkab, genz-benz g-flex, and xxl mainly

a lot of other cabs (orange, marshall, other Engls, etc. etc.) just sound terrible, don't cut through, and make the amp sound bad

savage is very dynamic in that it can defenatly get higher gain, but is still very appealing to a low gain player

for Engl amps in the USA, check Derek's site RockSolidAmps

www.rocksolidamps.com

and if you cannot find what you want there, you can go to an overpriced engl site

www.englampsusa.com

and of corpse ebay
-Mike
here...

Savage 120: http://www.rocksolidamps.com/MP3/BLS%20Savage%20120.mp3
Powerball: http://www.rocksolidamps.com/MP3/BLS%20PB%202.mp3

both going for the same thing showing higher gain capabilities

again this is a nice clip for savage's high gain: http://www.rocksolidamps.com/MP3/Savage%20120%20Mop.mp3

and the beautiful blackmore: http://www.rocksolidamps.com/MP3/Ritchie%20Blackmore.mp3

fireball: http://www.rocksolidamps.com/MP3/FB.mp3

and a GREAT CLIP of the BLACKMORE: http://www.rocksolidamps.com/MP3/Derek%20Axel%20River.mp3

make sure to listen to that last one, blackmore through a g-flex cab (beautiful setup right?) - jackson soloist with EMGs played it and mic was SM-57
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Jul 6, 2006,
Ya i have listened to like all the clips on Rock solid amps. I dont need SUper uber Hi death Metal type Gain. Like a little heavier than Metallica Black Album is good. How much gain does it have compared to a Peavey 5150 which is my current amp

THX for all the input so just curious whats the EQ set up like on the SE and Savage
what do you mean what's it set up like? just look at the panel - go to engl website and look at the manual, big shot of the panels in there

gain depends on the amp...duh...not all Engls are the same...
-Mike
well like i currently use a peavey 5150 and i dont even put the gain past like 5 or 6 7 at the most because its just to much so i was wondering hwo it compares if it has more or less gain than the 5150. I was just wondering if like there were two eqs and channels share Eqs or not im gonna go look at the Site for the maual now

THX
I'd say a powerball has quite a bit more gain than a 5150. Ditto SE. Savage, I'm not too sure- I'd say at least as much.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
But Uberschall is still the top gain right ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
no, powerball has the most gain as far as i know.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Some people said they had truoble cutting through in a band situation with a powerball/fireball because of the huge ammount of compression and just the tightness on the amp, is this a with good speakers? i have heard that distorted samples on Rocksolidamps seem to be on the tad overcompressed end of the spectrum. I'd prefer a more aggressive distortion rather then a tight one so is this not the amp for me? (sorry if it seems like i'm hijacking the thread).
But I heard its brightness has removed it from death metal guitarists to-buy lists ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
^ could be, as i see it as a common name in most power metal bands (iced earth, jag panzer...)
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

both ENGL and laney are pretty common in opeths tone. older albums will be more powerball, newer stuff will be more laney. if you listen to them it should give you a good sence of the amps kinda mello toned but still face ripping side.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Laneys are pretty cool......... but what a sucky name !!!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Ya i like bright metal tones though thats why i was interested in the ENGL amps in the first place. So do you think the SE or Savage will handle what im trying to accomplish how do you like your SE dave and how does it do metal like Metallica
^ well I have a savage se, from what I hear, it sounds mostly like a savage.

Old or new metallica?

It'll do old metallica fine, and has more than enough gain for newer metallica, just it's a little bright sounding...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
IM talking like Kill em all up to reload not st anger, can it get that much. Like i dont need it to be dark just good distortion mainly for most stuff up untill load and reload. Does it have enough for that
Quote by suicidalmoose
Some people said they had truoble cutting through in a band situation with a powerball/fireball because of the huge ammount of compression and just the tightness on the amp, is this a with good speakers? i have heard that distorted samples on Rocksolidamps seem to be on the tad overcompressed end of the spectrum. I'd prefer a more aggressive distortion rather then a tight one so is this not the amp for me? (sorry if it seems like i'm hijacking the thread).

tight and aggressive go hand in hand on my mind - and I usually like it pretty tight, but no I think the Engls are a little more versatile (SE and Savage), but they USUALLY are a little bit tighter

and with the Powerball, as I've said a million times, it's the cab...no really...it is

try it through a Bogner Uberkab, an XXL, or a Genz-Benz G-Flex - you should see a difference
-Mike
Hey Hope do you think a Savage or SE would handle my needs
yeah, both of them in fact - but if you really like brutal metal, SE would take the pie, or a Powerball (clean and crunch do fine for lower gains and as long as you have a good cab the leads will sound great)

for cabs powerball style, Bogner Uberkab, Genz-Benz G-Flex, or XXL - the Engl standard or vintage cabs do it an injustice
-Mike
YOu mean putting a Powerball through a Uberkab will make it darker sounding ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
YOu mean putting a Powerball through a Uberkab will make it darker sounding ??

no, it would make it more focused (a good thing) and make it cut through much better - it would highly enhance the powerball's sound i guess you could say, that's why Engl came out with the XXL - for the Powerball, fireball, and the SE's high amounts of gain
-Mike
Quote by Syn Harvest
IM talking like Kill em all up to reload not st anger, can it get that much. Like i dont need it to be dark just good distortion mainly for most stuff up untill load and reload. Does it have enough for that

yes, more than enough. you can play metallica on channel 3. especially at higher volumes.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
cool thx Dave what cab do you suggest for the SE
^ if you want metal, I'd probably go with what hope said...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ haven't tried it, but it's meant to be good.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Syn Harvest
So you think an Uberkab would be good

no not at all it's a horrible cab and some very knowldgable members have been suggesting it out of idoicy

/end sarcasm.

uberkabs pwn. 'nuff said.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

but if you really have the cash, XXL truly is voiced for the SE

none of that "use this cab with this head" and "matched" cabs...the SE really does sound...how can i say this...it sounds RIGHT through an XXL

but yeah an Uberkab would sound great, and PS: when people ask about Powerball's gain - it will never have too little gain

in fact, i'd say 2/5 of the gain on channel 4 is unusable, all honesty - but you know it sounds great (providing good tubes and it is the latest model without that noise gate crap problem some of them have had)

but yeah SE is one of the most versatile amps (...well...not exactly, but it can get the jist of the spectrum) - more than a few good tones I guess you could say
-Mike
^ the se's awesome.

The powerball has more gain on channel 3 with the gain about 5 than you'll ever need (and it has 4 channels!). To put this in context, at home volumes I run my savage se with the gain on 10. On channel 4. And the savage se, compared to about 99% of all other amps, has shedloads of gain.

I thought the SE sounded amazing through the Engl Vintage cab. I can only imagine how good it sounds through an XXL.

The SE is one of the most versatile amps in the world, quite frankly. The only thing that can touch it for versatility (from what I've tried) is the Mesa Roadking- seriously, the Deizel VH4, which has 4 independent channels looked under-specced when I tried it next to it (the Vh4 kicked ass, but that's beside the point...)- and while the roadking has 6L6's AND EL34's (at once!), which the SE doesn't have, the SE has several excellent features that the Roadking doesn't...

That being said, the RK and SE sound so characteristically different, I doubt it'd be the features that make up your mind for you- it'll be which tone you prefer.

A bit off-tangent, but ah well.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2