I've got a 22 fret CBS style Strat neck with the over-hang, could I cut/sand the over-hang off to make it a 21 fret neck?

Would this be an easy process?

Thanks in advance.
awww, but i wanna
why??????!?!?!?!?!?!?!

jesus christ, you could do it and have 21 1/2 frets, but its just easier to keep 22 (i mean, why?!)

WHY!?!?!?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
..Because 21 fret CBS necks are bloody hard to find! if my guitar is made for a 21 fret neck, it needs a 21 fret neck!

It can be done, that's all i needed to know.
awww, but i wanna

sanding it off wouldn't benefit in the slightest. your guitar wasn't made for a 21 fret if it came with a 22.

plus, it would plummet in value (if it has any)
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Fender_P-Bass
..Because 21 fret CBS necks are bloody hard to find! if my guitar is made for a 21 fret neck, it needs a 21 fret neck!

It can be done, that's all i needed to know.

21 and 22 fret necks are interchangable. A fender stlye guitar originally with a 21 fret will work fine with a 22 fret neck. This is because of the overhang.
It can be done...

But it's not changing a thing. It'll still be a 22-fret neck, just without being able to play that 22nd fret.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by dave293
21 and 22 fret necks are interchangable. A fender stlye guitar originally with a 21 fret will work fine with a 22 fret neck. This is because of the overhang.

You're seriously one of a few people here that actually know's what they're doing.