O.K, any help here appreciated.

I have a "DOD, Death Metal Distortion" pedal. ( in great shape, roughly 1 year old )
And it just recently started giving me problems, when I hit the switch, it goes dead, unless I crank every volume available, and then it sounds like only the treble and very high-end are sounding.

Keep in mind my basement is "moist", as it is unfinished.
Not wet enough to produce droplets, but my cabinet was moist to the touch.

I opened it up, all sodder seems fine.
What could be the problem?
Hey.. I live in London Ontario... I think I can help you kind of.. I have a pedal (different model) and it kinda does the same thing. Add me on msn and we can talk more (if you have msn) my hotmail is adamn1ooo@hotmail.com just copy paste it and add me thanks. If you don't have msn... PM me. Later.
Quote by NirvanaFan101
Hey.. I live in London Ontario... I think I can help you kind of.. I have a pedal (different model) and it kinda does the same thing. Add me on msn and we can talk more (if you have msn) my hotmail is adamn1ooo@hotmail.com just copy paste it and add me thanks. If you don't have msn... PM me. Later.

I dont use messenger, but could e-mail. Either way, I am pretty confused as to what is going to make the pedal act this way. I looked inside, and all seemed well, nothing caked in dirt, no corrosion or broken sodder, as well nothing looked or smelled burned out.

change the batteries
~ permanentmarker.

I'm using a mulitple plug "extension" cord thingy for power. And also tried all the different plugs, and then tried all the different plugs with just my wah, and the wah worked on every plug, but the distortion still cut out, still kinda switched, but like I said, only on the maximum volume everywhere, and it was horrible.
Quote by Gibson06
Umm... Have you brought it into a tech?

No, but actually went out and bought another one.
This time it's "The Weapon". endorsed by Disturbed's guitarist.

I'ts a multifunction pedal, it has distortion, autowah, mandilon pedaled into distortion, fazer and filter envelope I think....
All in one little ordinary looking pedal.

Anyways, I plug it in and.....it doesnt work.
Took it back today, ordering me another, be here by Friday.

Cost me $210.00 Canadian.
could simply be the switch

I suggest perhaps changing the switch, it could also be the input/output jacks where the little things need to be bent slightly inwards... you never know.
Quote by jcwear
could simply be the switch

I suggest perhaps changing the switch, it could also be the input/output jacks where the little things need to be bent slightly inwards... you never know.

Well, my wah wors fine, but both of the distortion pedals cut out when I turn them on. My Marshal stack is an old tube kind....could it be the head?
its the batteries. i suggest getting an AC adaptor. i have had this happen when the pedal is running low on juice and is not plugged into the adapter. another thing that happened to me was it that i tried it when my amp wasn't plugged in and i was just seeing if it would turn on. so idk its probably not the second but GL!
Quote by LandOfConfusion
its the batteries. i suggest getting an AC adaptor. i have had this happen when the pedal is running low on juice and is not plugged into the adapter. another thing that happened to me was it that i tried it when my amp wasn't plugged in and i was just seeing if it would turn on. so idk its probably not the second but GL!

Actually, Im not using batteries either, I'm using the adapter, had the wife stop at the shop here with my Marshall head, and they used their own distortion pedal, and it worked fine. So when she got back, I opened my cabinet to see if a connection or a speaker wire had come loose. But nothing out of the ordinary...I dont get it, what the **** is goin on?!?
Im pretty sure its the pizza, definitely blame it on the pizza. Or a token black guy if you happen to see one walking past, they do it all the time in movies, trust me
Are the pedals DC or AC? check what the plug is. Maybe you should try the pedals WITH batteries. Maybe it's the power supply jack that's messed up.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Jul 15, 2006,
^ i agree

My keyboard ( i know this is a guitar forum but hey ) had a faulty dc adapter, i was going to throw it out, i just shoved six D type batteries and voila! no problems.

Just have a go with the batteries...
Quote by pinkhaze29
yea

O.k...I'll quote myself too:
Actually, Im not using batteries either, I'm using the adapter

And as far as the adapter being ****ed, I have used two different ones, and one of them being brand new, both of them supply power, because the light comes on, but I get no sound.
the same thing happens to me with my distortion pedal (with adapter pluged in), i solve this by flicking the switch from treble and bass on my guitar back and fourth a few times, intil i hear it kick in.

it kind of freaks me out because it sounds like my guitar is dieing, but its just the pedal.
Quote by JaggedJames
And as far as the adapter being ****ed, I have used two different ones, and one of them being brand new, both of them supply power, because the light comes on, but I get no sound.

naybe it the inside socket of the adapter. if its screwed it could be supplying just enough power to turn on the light and f*ck the sound but not enoiugh to get it on all the way.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.