is it true that metallica uses strats??? ive heard this from many people.
I've never seen them with 3 single coils on a strat, but they do use a 2 humbuckers pointier looking strat, but im a lehoo-zehur (im referring to the ESP's)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

I've seen Kirk use an ESP strat in the One video and in the San Diego performance during The Unforgiven. I've never seen them use Fenders, though, even though they most likely have purchased/acquired some.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
In the One video Kirk uses a Strat...other that that i don't think so.
kirk uses a strat in the video for one and i dissapear!

james hetfield uses a telecaster in the video for unforgiven 2
Kirk's Hamstercaster is a Fernandes strat with 3 single coil pickups.

Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
i think he uses esp strat look alikes, but i didnt get to glance at the head where it says the company logo. so im not sure.

EDIT: ^ jesus christ they need haircuts.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Kirk used and ESP strat copy in the 'One' video.. I also believe he used another model with a weathered finish on the 'I Disappear' video.

James also used a Fender Telecaster in 'The Unforgiven II' video. Other than those, I don't know.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
He uses a Sea Foam Green Strat for the live playing and recording of disappear, its a 83 japanese strat with all singl coils, he also uses a fender strat for alot of overdubing guitar work with his wah wah solos... This is legit Due to the fact that i saw a sweet ass behind the scenes at metallica haedquarters vid that was on a OLD fuse loaded, it was right around the release of MI:2
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Don't forget about Bellz, I've seen him play a strat-type (I'm not sure its a real Fender or ESP or Fernandes) on Cliff 'Em All.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Kirk from around TBA era:
"I'm mostly using custom ESP neck through body Strats with two EMG humbuckers, plus an off-the-rack '89 Les Paul Custom, which sounds ****in' great. I'd like to play my gold top '52 Gibson ES-295 hollowbody through a pre-CBS Fender Deluxe for my solo on 'The Unforgiven.' I used Bob Rock's '71 blonde Les Paul for the solo on 'Sad But True,' because we tuned down to D and it didn't sound as fuzzy as the strats. So far, I haven't used my Gibson or Jackson Flying V's." Guitar Player, September 1991

But I have seen Kirk playing 3 single coils.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
i think kirk uses one just in videos ive never seen him with one at a concert ever
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
did Kirk use a strat for the unforgiven also? Or was that an ESP?
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
They've used several Fender/Fender inspired instruments, including single coils and just the shape.
haha
Oh, by the way. In the one video and that pic, the strat Kirk uses is a Fernandez strat, its OLD.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
kirk hammet uses an ESP now, but did use a jackson. the singer uses a gibson les paul
In the rock am ring 2006, hammett use a strat with 3 single coil to play "nothing else matters".