Hey all. I was looking around the store the other day when I was shocked to see what appeared to be a Gibson Grabber. Obviously it wasn't, but I had no idea this bass existed. It was an Epiphone Ripper. Sadly this old grumpy man runs the store and has tossed me out numerous times, including this incident so I couldn't play it soo...anyone have any experience with this bass, or epiphone basses in general? I think it costs in the neighborhood of 300 dollars (US)? I included a pic that i stole online.

Thanks

Love from Ringo
Attachments:
epiphoneripper.jpg
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
i have played a Sg bass before. that was nice, but i've never heard of this one
OMG you admitted to liking korn and soad, you better delete that before some of the metal heads come in riding there new ego fueled cars to bitch you out .

#7 Member of "The Mars Volta Fan Club"
I've never thought Epiphone as quality basses. They make pretty good quality knockoff guitars, but I just never saw Gibson basses as something of godly quality to knockoff. However, Louis Johnson used an ol' Gibson Grabber and I can only want to have one myself. I have no idea of this quality. Get yourself back into that store... find a way. idk. I'm intrigued.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
^I'm working on it..I'm thinkin if I don't shave for a few weeks. Beats plastic surgery. Or I could just wait for him to die, hes like 90.

However, I DID discover the same bass on Musicians Friend, but then they like took it down?? I'll find it in a magazine catalog and try to do a write up, maybe.

EDIT!!!!!!

Some cat on Ebay is selling one (for an outrageous price..) BUT theres pics and stuff and you can see it clearly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Limited-Edition-Epiphone-Custom-Shop-Ripper-Bass_W0QQitemZ300003555339QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Now I'm off to Lessons!

EDIT AGAIN

And the ebay guy lives like twenty minutes from me. Jeez small world.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Last edited by TagRingo at Jul 6, 2006,
the pickguard looks different to a gibson one

either that, or i'm hallucinating

edit: nah, just not seen one in a while. you have to get your ass in that store and try it
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Jul 6, 2006,
I haven't played the epiphone ripper (or the gibson one either). But if it is anything like the vintage ones I'm sure it's amazing.

Although they did change a couple things.

Also to note, the image you showed us, and the ebay link are two different basses. One has a humbucker, the other an oddly spaced p/j.
The ebay one is the correct one. They were like $350 or something at Musicians Friend, but they don't supply them anymore it seems.
ill prolly get a reamed for knowing/saying this, but Mike Dirnt played that style of bass for a while...

I havn't ever played an epiphone before, but I've heard mixed reviews
Yeah the Ebay one is right...the other is an oldd one. Sorry about that, but the body style and stuff is the same. Like hey143 said, they seemed to have disappeared from MF.
Quote by skater dan0
Quote by goest
ill prolly get a reamed for knowing/saying this, but Mike Dirnt played that style of bass for a while...

Actually, most of us like Mike Dirnt in this forum. He gets his props. It just sucks that he's in a band that most people love to hate to be honest.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
okay good...that makes me feel better inside...for he isn't that bad of a bassist
Quote by goest
okay good...that makes me feel better inside...for he isn't that bad of a bassist

There you go. See, here in the bass forum, we actually like other people ^_^
Quote by Sizzleby
Quote by thewho65

i know, and it makes me wonder why i used to post in the pit all of the time
Quote by goest
i know, and it makes me wonder why i used to post in the pit all of the time

Glutton for punishment?
Quote by Sizzleby
Quote by thewho65

i suppose so...

I like it here in these boards, for i walk among my people