Cycon
UG's German
115 IQ
Hello guys, I sweat alot while playing, especially while jamming. Not just sweaty hands, I mean I'm really sweating, and sometimes it drops on my guitar. It doesn't affect my playing, I'm used to it now, but can it hurt my guitar? The electronics for example?

Thanks in advance
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
permanentmarker
UG Fanatic
358 IQ
i dont fink so, might dull the finish
apparently angus young sweats so much on stage that his pickups get waterlogged
Cringles
UG Newbie
50 IQ
it should only make the screws rust and the strings last less longer...unless its dropping of you like a water fall..it shouldnt get into the eletronics
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
pacoasterrider
- - -
1,162 IQ
i doubt it'll hurt the electronics, probibally just rust out the screws and strings easier, but you can replace them easily.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Might cause erosion on your bridge, pickup polepieces, and ofcourse strings to break sooner/rust, but it shouldn't get into your electronics.

I do advise a towel though... You don't want your bridge to rust. Especially not your bridge saddles to erode.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Cycon
UG's German
115 IQ
ah good. I wondered about it, because some sweat dropped into / ontop of my flying Ibanez bridge, and I thought it could hurt it
AthenasGhost
UG'S MORON
1,193 IQ
I wouldn't think it would, just move your bodily parts away from the pickups?
Ostin
UG's Grunt
97 IQ
Quote by permanentmarker
i dont fink so, might dull the finish
apparently angus young sweats so much on stage that his pickups get waterlogged

i never knew that.... thank you for informing me.

and i dont think sweating should be a problem... i think it might wear off your finish eventually, and maybe wear down your strings..... not sure though.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
marmite
+ cheese rocks
398 IQ
eh... summertime, i always get sweat all over my guitar, its best to clean it off anyway otherwise all the salts in your sweat form a gungy layer on the finish if you leave it long enough
AlpineHigh
UG'sRamenNoodleEnthusiast
223 IQ
dude, i sweat like a pig when i'm playing too... i have a white LP and it has definately dulled the finish (looks kind of pink haha) and my strings don't last as long. but w/e it won't hurt anything unless you strap a funnel onto your guitar directly into your pickups lol that's kinda gross
Cycon
UG's German
115 IQ
what happens if some sweat drops on my pickups, I won't recognize it, will it hurt the pickup?
Ace Frehley
Oh Whereo my Beero
858 IQ
You know about the sweat on the strings thing,there are strings that rust really really hard.they're called "GHS" ors something like that it's 3 letters!Anyway I sweat only on my hands and when it's freaky warm here in greece i sweat a lot!Maybe it's because you're nervous try play with passion and feel free to jam
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
Cycon
UG's German
115 IQ
Quote by Ace Frehley
You know about the sweat on the strings thing,there are strings that rust really really hard.they're called "GHS" ors something like that it's 3 letters!Anyway I sweat only on my hands and when it's freaky warm here in greece i sweat a lot!Maybe it's because you're nervous try play with passion and feel free to jam

About the nervous thing... I have a social-dissorder so it's hard for me not to get nervous while playing infront of other people

But thank you all for your tips, I'll take a towel with me in the future
JDioon
34 IQ
It's 32 degrees Celsius over here and just got back from a one hour intense jamsession. Sweat was dripping of my face, down my nose and onto my guitar like madness. Now my guitar doesn't make any sound anymore. gotta let it dry, hopefully i didn't short anything
ikey_
4,739 IQ
yeah well what are you going to do about it? get mad at god?

angus young replaced his SG because the neck warped from all the sweat he poured into it. but i doubt you play like angus young. and he plays practically naked.....and hes like 60.....and hes running around like a chicken with his head cut off during shows.