Page 1 of 2
as soon as i thought of this i know there's gonna be people like "yeah i jumped off a clif and i was in the ER but my guitar was fine" but im curious if anyone has any interesting stories or anything. I've never hurt myself playing guitar, but i've hurt my room one time i was singing into this old junky mic so i decided to give it a few swings and ended up putting a hole in my wall.

my friend was playing at a show and decided to stage dive onto a group of girls. Of course they all moved and he ended up spraining his neck and spent a night in the ER. poor him
I was tuning my E string (the high one) and it popped and flew through my cheek and stabbed my tongue. I must have bled for a good 15 minutes, it was bad .
When me and our bassit jumped in the air and body slamed at the samed time...
my head knocked the wall... that was a little bit painful
yeah...
as a young, stupid noob, i tried to swing my guitar around my shoulder by the strap and it hit me in the back of the head and it hurt
CTHC
i was doing a guitar spin at practice, (under the right arm) and it hit me in the back of the head comming around. It was with my Peavey Raptor so i dont care too much about it, bc it sounds horrible! But yea that flippin hurt!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i was playing bass with a friend and the string snapped and went through my finger, i had to go to er to get it out.
i was playing guitar with my **** once and the string snapped, it sliced it right off.....thank god for emergency room miracles.....
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Peavy Renown Solo Series Amp
but on a more serious note....i was playing guitar when i was drunk and i tripped over my little practise amp and hit my head on my dresser...i just layed there for the rest of the night and got up the next morning with a headache
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by mitch155
i was playing guitar with my **** once and the string snapped, it sliced it right off.....thank god for emergency room miracles.....

dude...your freakin retarded
While we were recording, I lifted my guitar to let somebody by and smashed my chin with the corner of the guitar.

Nothing serious.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
myself and the other guitarist in a former band used to get in fights for laughs, oh yeah and once when i was carrying my amp downstairs to the jam area i lost my footing and fell over the stairs, trying to save my new marshall i took the fall and the amp landed safely on my torso crushing me
Quote by BreakingTheGirl
yeah...
as a young, stupid noob, i tried to swing my guitar around my shoulder by the strap and it hit me in the back of the head and it hurt

the only thing i ever did that hurt was falling off the stage.....

hey it was very dark and i didnt know where the stage ended.... and i tripped off...... yeah it was as embarresing as it sounds....

but i landed on my back so my guitar didnt take any serious damage..... just a few dents here and there, and a few paint scrapes......
but it makes me look HARDCORE
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by ratmblink123
dude...your freakin retarded

thats my middle name.....

.....im not even joking....my parents were on crack when they named me
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
i was in my friends basment studio which is like 10x7..its like a closet. (its probably is way bigger..but it seems tiny with all the crap in it.) and i was siting on top of a cabinet tuning my brand new sg, and i leaned over the synth to get the tuner and i leaned too far and fell over the synth and onto the mixing board on the desk on the other side and fracured my left index finger and took a chunk out of my headstock, and the mixing board came crashing to the floor with me...thaknkfully, it was the only thing that wasnt damaged.
The only thing that's really ever happened to me is playing for extended periods of time eventually made my middle finger bleed and my ring finger swole up for a couple days... fortunatly that doesnt happen anymore!
One time, right after I had some pizza, I picked up my pick adn started to jam, and the grease made me drop my pick, and I strummed, and i broke my fingernail hlafway off. It was bloody.

No Joke.

Pizza, then jamming=bad.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by mitch155
thats my middle name.....

.....im not even joking....my parents were on crack when they named me

um.....ha....haha...? your pathetic

oh and p.s. sigging yourself..... not cool dude.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
i sigged myself so i wouldnt forget to put stickers on my tele
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
One time, right after I had some pizza, I picked up my pick adn started to jam, and the grease made me drop my pick, and I strummed, and i broke my fingernail hlafway off. It was bloody.

No Joke.

Pizza, then jamming=bad.

french fries isn't a good idea ether. thankfully i was watching my strumming hand and saw me losing my grip and stopped..or that might of happened
Quote by Ostin
um.....ha....haha...? your pathetic

oh and p.s. sigging yourself..... not cool dude.

ill change it for you then....
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
I was practicing some scales and I went to finish one off with my Pinky finger and dunno what happened, but it made the loudest popping sound ever, and for the rest of the week it hurted like a mother ****er
My freinds and i were jaming outside and i started to get all crazy,,so in the middle of the song i ran over to the drums and tried to junp off the bass drum,,,.
instead i slipped and slamed my head into one of the toms,,and it hurt like hell

o and it had rained ,,it was wet and i was wearing old converse ,,sooooooooooooooo it was slippery
MY GEAR
Marshall 15 watt
Crate 120 watt
Mesa Boogie nomad (head)
OLP guitar mm1
Gibson SG Standard
Acoustic guitar (custom painted)
Boss ds1
Boss t2
Ernie Ball Regular Slinky
this happened twice at two different shows:

i went to grab my guitar and i didn't cut my excess string off as good as i should've, and i grabbed it by there and it went right in my left index finger the first time, then it went into my left thumb the second time. it bled alot and it made it extremely uncomfortable to play the shows
i jumped off a clif and i was in the ER but my guitar was fine
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19
randomly yell "freebird!" then the rednecks will like you.

respect

Quote by cnorthern
If a girl is playing guitar......she is likely a dude in drag.
i was a young nooblet and i started getting alittle too into the thrash i was trying to play and sliced my finger on my bridge, and mind you the bridge is quite dull, so i smacked it hard or something
I've popped about ten strings and sliced open my arms and hand, tried tuning and pricked myself with the tip of the string 1,000 times (Call it small, but it hurts a Hell of a lot more than you think), split my fingernails and my knuckles by playing hard, and tripped on my amp powercord and sprained my wrist. The first two are probably more common than bejesus.
A list of injuries...
-Poked fingers with strings
-Eye poked by broken high E string
-My finger was just a bone away from getting completely chopped off by my stupidity in wrapping a string around my hand and trying to yank it out of my acoustic with the bridge pin still in
-Wood shavings getting in my eyes
-Telecaster body hit me in the eyebrow (a very painful spot, I might add)
This isn't exciting, but it was really cool when it happened. One time I was playing Battle Axe with power chords, before I knew how it was really played (and for some reason I was playing in a whole 'nother key...) and I was really getting into it, and I thrust my picking hand down at the strings (I was having much fun) and the broad side of the high E string caught my pointer finger, broke, and cut it slightly. It wasn't too bloody, but it was really cool at the time...

I used to hit myself with the body of my guitar all the time. Usually either in the face, or the back of my head. It was surprisingly painful. Crazy how much it can hurt with what seems to be so little force.
When i was in guitar class at school we had these ****ty acoustics so i was goin nuts just ****in around. decided to play a heavy breakdown started headbanging then WHAMMMOOOO!! i nailed my eyebrow on the corner or the body of the acoustic. i looked at my friend, he looked back and said i needed stitches. ended up leaving school and getting 6 stitches haha.

ouch.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
my friend was soloing and hit me right in the mouth on a bend. only made my lip bleed, but it hurt like hell.
Dickless.
Quote by pacoasterrider
as soon as i thought of this i know there's gonna be people like "yeah i jumped off a clif and i was in the ER but my guitar was fine" but im curious if anyone has any interesting stories or anything. I've never hurt myself playing guitar, but i've hurt my room one time i was singing into this old junky mic so i decided to give it a few swings and ended up putting a hole in my wall.

my friend was playing at a show and decided to stage dive onto a group of girls. Of course they all moved and he ended up spraining his neck and spent a night in the ER. poor him

NAh, not yet, I will though, if not I'll just play so long that I'll just get hurt. lol

Anyway, great avatar btw, I love that band, they're a good listen most times.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
UG community- the most uncoordinated forum on the internet today!
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
The only times I ever hurt myself on myself is when I occasionally stab myself with the horns of my SG.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
my friend hit me in the back with a mic today while he was swinging it around, luckily i was faced away from him and he didn't take out my guitar. I have a little bruise but it's all fun and games haha.

The main venue around here had a carpet on the stage (i do not know why) but my friend (a few weeks ago) almost faceplanted himself and his Gibson les paul into a 8 speaker bass cabinet but thankfully he caught his balance (the carpet got moved by someone while he was jumping in the air, and he stumbled when he came down). Man that had bad news all over it but he saved the day

(ps. ABR rules, my hometown boys!)
Last edited by pacoasterrider at Jul 7, 2006,
My friend and I were jaming on acoustics at school and he strummed a chord and all of the string ends at the bridge, were they are knoted, cut his arm. It cut across the whole part of his arm like an emo. He started bleeding pretty bad.
Page 1 of 2